NetFlix

jharris

Cathlete
Hi,

Does anyone use this service for streaming movies from thier computer? How often do they update thier stock? I checked out the home page and when browsing from there, there doesn't seem to be a lot of choices. Do you have a wider selection if you are a member?

And if you don't use them is there a site you recommend?

Jenn

We love netflix at our house! I'm not sure if you see all the options for online streaming if you are not signed in, but it's pretty cheap to find out. I think you could try it for free, at least that has been an option in the past, but even if you have to pay, I think the online only option is like 7-8.- for a month. I have a long queue for our family, kid shows and movies, documentaries, chick-flicks, action flicks for dh, and even workout videos when I want a change but don't want to pay for the dvd. I think it's a great option and I haven't seen anything comparable out there so far.

I have a Netflix subscription that allows me to have 2 DVD's out at a time (unlimited per month) and to watch as much online as I want. I watch quite a bit of streaming video (right now, I'm on season 3 of Cagney and Lacey).

I haven't paid too much attention to when new arrivals are updated, but it seems like it may be weekly (though some weeks, there aren't a lot of new things).

Thank you. Yes they do have a free monthly trial and then afterwards it's $8.00 a month. I will defiently look into it.

I love Netflix. My family and I watch many selections via instant streaming. It seems that Netflix adds many new streaming selections weekly. Even if it is not on stremaing, we always gets our DVDs the next day. They are a very relaible service and they have excellent customer service.

Netflix is cool!

We have a BlueRay player that streams Netflix as well as everyone downloading movies to their own computer. I have the 2-out-a-month plan as well, and we hardly use the mail anymore. It's also great for workout videos. They don't have many to choose from, but they're virtually free.

Netflix is about to upgrade all the streaming movies on their site. They realize it's the wave of the future, so there will be a lot more movies added. I believe they're raising their prices by a $1/month to compensate for this, but it's well worth it when you factor in that you get a certain number of DVD's added in, as well.

I can not speak highly enough of Netflix...plenty to chose from streaming and they are upgrading constantly! What a great deal for the price!!!

Another Netflix fan here. We have the 3 DVD-a month plan because the latest releases are usually not available to
be streamed. Also, there are other providers (I.e. Blockbuster) who get new releases earlier than NF, but I really like their offerings. Not only do I stream to my computer, but my tv/DVD player and my iPhone. Another great plus is all of the exercise DVDs.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.