Netflix DVD's - Can they burned on the computer?

A

amanda12485

does anyone know if you can burn netflix dvd's onto a blank disc? they have alot of amy bento and kettlebell ext ones I want and was just wondering if anyone else has done that.

um... that's copyright infringement with the huge butt fine that is listed at the beginning of every DVD.

Last edited:
i dont have a dvd burner but know someone who does and was just curious if they had some type of block on the discs

It is illegal and they are really cracking down on it. It's best to just pay the $20 and own it rather than get the legal fees and prison time that come with it.

It is deffinitely illegal and I think part of the reason of rising costs of DVD's and music downloads.

i probably never would do it, maybe i will just get em and try them that way and if i like them just buy the dvds. its really not worth it i guess.

i just didn't want to buy them and then not like them and waste the money, i just didn't think about renting them before i posted this.

i probably never would do it, maybe i will just get em and try them that way and if i like them just buy the dvds. its really not worth it i guess.

So, you only probably wouldn't do it, so that leaves the chance open that you would do it, thereby helping the jack up the price for people who don't believe in breaking the law. Classy.

bear-93 if you read my post after that i explained what i was thinking, probably wouldnt was just a figure of speech. i said i could just rent them and then if i like them could buy themj.

Road2aNewMe thanks!!! i will check that out i never knew they had one just for workout dvds. i can test a bunch of them, although i always stay with Cathe

i just didn't want to buy them and then not like them and waste the money, i just didn't think about renting them before i posted this.

This is why I always ask for reviews from other Catheites and preview videos before I buy them, . . .but you always take a risk when you buy a DVD unpreviewed. I think that everyone that bootlegs just raises the cost of everything, for everyone . . including movies. I spent $45 for a movie and popcorn for me and my kids and I truly believe that part of the reason of the high costs is the fact that people bootleg the film and put it on the internet. You should check out collegevideo.com. They have pre-views.

I also do not agree with bootleg movies. It's just wrong, anyone who burns movies should be punished...there's my 2 cents...tah!

Road2aNewMe thanks!!! i will check that out i never knew they had one just for workout dvds. i can test a bunch of them, although i always stay with Cathe

Amanda, another nice thing to keep in mind is that, with Collage Video and Total Fitness DVDs (and perhaps other exercise DVD vendors), there is a 30-day return policy no-questions-asked, even opened DVD packages. I've had the experience many times in the past (usually only with non-Cathe purchases) of getting the DVD, previewing it and saying "NOT". Collage Video and Total Fitness DVDs are the soul of customer-friendly in that regard.

A-Jock

i will usually rent the videos from netflix and try them out a few times to make sure i like them. if i do, i will buy the used versions from amazon or on ebay. sometimes you can get really good deals by going used. ive purchased most of my workout dvds this way and never had a problem with quality (knock on wood!).

i will buy the used versions from amazon or on ebay. sometimes you can get really good deals by going used.
I've also found some good deals on new items from other sellers on Amazon. I just bought several French CD's, and while Amazon was selling them for $25-$35, the same items, new in package, were being offered by other sellers for $12-$15. Even with the (cheap) shipping charge they were charging, it was a much better deal.

i just joined that kineticflix.com , that is an awesome site. they have even have the entire sts series on there you can rent and alot of other cathe ones I don't have.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.