Nervous!!!

lulu68

Cathlete
Hello,

Hope everyone is well!!! I will be going for my level 2 ultrousound and I must admit I'm a bit nervous and excited at the same time. Praying that everything goes well!!! My other delima is that I don't want to know the sex of the baby and my husband does!!! I really don't want him to find out either but don't want to cause an argument. What do you guys think...Should he respect my choice? Thanks!!!

Lourdes

Lourdes - I was a nervous wreck at my level 2 ultrasound - only because they had put me in that higher risk group though. I'm a little calmer now when I go in, but I was really studying that technician's face to see if she gave away any hint that anything was wrong. As far as the DH wanting to know the sex. That's a toughie. He's likely to blow it at some point and give away what it is to you. I'm not sure how best to handle that one. Both DH and I wanted to know right away, so there was no argument there.

I, personally, think that he should get to know the sex. To me, this is a pretty big deal, and I'd be really upset if I were made to avoid knowing it because DH didn't want me to.
That's his problem, not mine.

So I would let him find out, and you just look away or cover your ears or something.
JMO.
Good luck with the ultrasound!

Good luck with your ultrasound. I was a nervous wreck before mine too.

As for finding out, we had the same situation -- DH wanted to know and I did not. I told the tech this, and the tech told DH that HIPA laws prevented her from saying anything because I was the patient. Sooooo, if you "allow" DH to find out, be careful how you phrase it in front of the tech!

With DD, we did not find out (my wishes). With our son (who was a complete surprise!), I let DH decide if we found out (we did -- his wishes).

Just got back from my ultrasound! Baby is healthy!!!!!!!! I let the technician tell my husband the sex of the baby...but I swear if he slips or tells someone I will be piss!!! Thanks everyone for your well thoughts and advice. :)

Lourdes

Hi Lourdes!

Level 2 u/s's are so exciting.

i didn't want to know the sex of my twins....but DH REALLY wanted too. I knew that I would find out if he knew...so I went ahead and found out. I'm glad I did....i didn't have anything for girls. :eek:

I'm so excited for you and your pregnancy!!! :D Keep us posted.

Thanks Melanie!!! I have no desire to know the sex of the baby, although by looking at the babies profile I'm assuming I will have boy #6. But I will just have to wait and see!!!:)

Lourdes

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.