Need to tone my waist.. any suggestions ?

ilona

Hi All

I was a big FIRM exerciser for a couple of years, then a friend suggested that I try Cathe. Her tapes are alot more intense than the FIRM ! which I think is great.
I was wondering what any one can suggest I do to trim my waist line, what would be the best tapes to use and any type of rotation would be great too...

Thanks for your help
ilona:)

Hi Ilona,
I don't have a rotation, but I have some video suggestions I would try cardio for 45 minutes a day to reduce fat and abs work for muscle definition. For cardio, I'd suggest KPC or cardio kicks. I can feel it my core when I do these. (Plus KPC has a great ab section!) I would also try bootcamp abs sections.
Lorrie

In addition to the cardio --- I think the core/ab routines on Muscle Endurance and Boot Camp are two of the best I've done; Step, Jump and Pump and Kick, Punch and Crunch are also great. I see a difference since I got these. I also find that kickboxing (K,P, C and Tae Bo Advanced) really targets the core. Finally, I do find that I need to change up my ab routines so that I don't get too used to them.

>Hi All
>
>I was a big FIRM exerciser for a couple of years, then a
>friend suggested that I try Cathe. Her tapes are alot more
>intense than the FIRM ! which I think is great.
>I was wondering what any one can suggest I do to trim my waist
>line, what would be the best tapes to use and any type of
>rotation would be great too...
>
>Thanks for your help
>ilona:)

Good Morning ilona
I agree with all the suggesstions you have gotten for the exercises for your waist. I noticed a big difference in inch loss when I added in pilates with all my other ab exercises.

I also strongly agree with Lorrie ans Writer about the kickbox and taebo,I am seeing great results.

I also just mix up my workouts with cathe and other instructors,power walking,pilates,taebo,treadmill,weights to keep my body guessing. I hoe you have a wonderful day:)

Deb;-)

>>Hi All
>>
>>I was a big FIRM exerciser for a couple of years, then a
>>friend suggested that I try Cathe. Her tapes are alot more
>>intense than the FIRM ! which I think is great.
>>I was wondering what any one can suggest I do to trim my
>waist
>>line, what would be the best tapes to use and any type of
>>rotation would be great too...
>>
>>Thanks for your help
>>ilona:)
>
>Good Morning ilona
>I agree with all the suggesstions you have gotten for the
>exercises for your waist. I noticed a big difference in inch
>loss when I added in pilates with all my other ab exercises.
>
>I also strongly agree with Lorrie ans Writer about the kickbox
>and taebo,I am seeing great results.

I can spell but not the day I posted this oops
Have a great day today
Deb
>
>I also just mix up my workouts with cathe and other
>instructors,power walking,pilates,taebo,treadmill,weights to
>keep my body guessing. I hoe you have a wonderful day:)
>
>Deb;-)
:D

I used to do interval running (walk for a while, then run hard until my heart rate got up, slow down to a walk to let my heart rate go down, then after a short recovery, run hard again...since I'm asthmatic, about 6 intervals of running in 45 minutes was about all I could do). At any rate, this interval running really did great things for my abs (and my buns).

I've developed a little hip-joint pain in the past couple of years, and walking aggravates it, so I've had to take my workouts indoors and completely revamp my workouts. I've found that Pilates has really helped develop my abs (got a long way to go since I got out of shape, but just this weekend I did a Pilates workout and really noticed that my abs have gotten much stronger).

To keep the abs lean and toned, I know that cardio is important, too. You can do 500 situps a day and have rock solid abs, but if they're covered with a layer of fat, they're not going to LOOK rock solid. The best way I've found to get rid of that layer of fat is through healthy lowfat eating and good cardio routines that really get the heart rate up.

Lastly, make sure you're giving your abs ample rest between tough ab workouts. It's been said that you can do abs every day and see results, by only doing crunches (using proper form, of course) for 3 minutes a day. But, if you do a more "killer" ab workout, you'll want to give your abs a day or two off to recover.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.