Need to purchase a new Blender....

*~Jessica~*

Cathlete
Hello!! I am in dire need to replace my old blender and cant seem to find one that really does the job! I have been making the Bfast Blast smoothies and now the new blender I got just doesn't seem to break up the spinach very well:confused: It is an Oster Fusion with a 450 power level. IDK....it suppossed to be the "ideal smoothie maker" but when I made one yesterday, I was disappointed. Does anyone here have a recommendation for a good Blender to purchase? this will be my 2nd return :eek:

Thanks in advance.........

How about a Vitamix? I know they're expensive, but it was one of the best kitchen purchases I've ever made.

ITA! I can't tell you how many blenders I've gone through over the years. My Vitamix is the best kitchen appliance with my Kitchenaid mixer a close second. :)

Vitamix is the best! Up front it's pricey, but they last a very long time, I have used mine at least once daily for over 2 years, my father's has lasted over 11 years. Before this one, I broke 3 different $100+ blenders in under 3 years making smoothies with frozen fruit, so overall, the Vitamix is a better value in the long run for me.

Thanks for the recommendations! I did a search and was amazed at the reviews on both the vitamix and Blendtec brands! they were both in the running so I am glad to hear YOUR oppinions! You are so right, they are VERY pricey:eek:
Dont know if I can get it quite yet....will have to start saving, UGH!
Thanks everyone ;)

Has anyone tried the HealthMaster Blender by Montel Williams? I too am looking for a good blender to purchase.

Thanks,
Brenda

I did a search for the Kitchenaid and found one that sounds pretty good! It is the 5 speed Blender that sells for $100.00 @ target. A bit more in my price range for now. I am excited to chk it out. Is this the one you guys were talking about?
@ Brenda.... I forgot about Montels Blender! I bet thats another good one too, although I dont know of anyone that has it! Chk out the reviews and see what they say. Kinda curious myself. Good luck on your Blender search ;)

Has anyone tried the HealthMaster Blender by Montel Williams? I too am looking for a good blender to purchase.

Thanks,
Brenda
It looks like a Vitamix/Blendtec wanna-be. IMO, it hasn't been on the market long enough to know how good it is (Vitamix has been in business for over 30? years, and some machines last 20).

Someone posted on VF that QVC is having Vitamix as a TSV in January: "You can buy it now at the TSV price. Item#'s: now K33705 ; Jan 23 K30741." Also, free shipping and easy pay (5 payments of $70-something rather than one big payment).. QVC has great customer service and returns as well, so you can try it out and see how you like it.

I'm thankful for your post because I almost bought a Oster blender recently for the very purpose of making smoothies. I too had heard that it was a great blender for a low price. I just checked an old CR (June 2010) and it mentions that the Oster is a good value but not great for making icy drinks (i'm assuming frozen fruit falls into this category). CR recommends Vita-Mix, Breville, L'Equip, Viking, and KitchenAid for making icy drinks and smoothies. Most of them range between $150 and $200. HTH!

Oster is a good value but not great for making icy drinks (i'm assuming frozen fruit falls into this category).
Most frozen fruit is not as hard to blend as ice cubes (I personally never use ice cubes, because I don't like things too cold, and frozen fruit makes them cold enough for me), but frozen strawberries can challenge not-as-good blenders (I remember using a Magic Bullet and blending and blending and blending to try to break down frozen strawberries, and still ending up with a chunk of non-blended berry).

I'm thankful for your post because I almost bought a Oster blender recently for the very purpose of making smoothies. I too had heard that it was a great blender for a low price. I just checked an old CR (June 2010) and it mentions that the Oster is a good value but not great for making icy drinks (i'm assuming frozen fruit falls into this category). CR recommends Vita-Mix, Breville, L'Equip, Viking, and KitchenAid for making icy drinks and smoothies. Most of them range between $150 and $200. HTH!

I'm glad to see Kitchenaid in there Ricklyk!! Going out this weekend to get it when I REPLACE this oster ;)

I'm glad to see Kitchenaid in there Ricklyk!! Going out this weekend to get it when I REPLACE this oster ;)

went out last night and got the Kithenaid, came home and made my Green smoothie and was PLEASANTLY surprised at the results from my new Blender!! Thanks Phyllis and NY25 :D

Another plug for vitamix - love mine ! (I too had fried several $100 - $200 ones over the years, so my vitamix is worth it ! and so easy to clean too!)

Blendtec fan here! They do roadshows for blendtec at Costco, there was just one here during the christmas time. Awesome machine! Definitely gets the job done! I use it more than once a day, had mine for a year so far and works like a charm!

Blendtec fan here! They do roadshows for blendtec at Costco, there was just one here during the christmas time. Awesome machine! Definitely gets the job done! I use it more than once a day, had mine for a year so far and works like a charm!

Another member of Team Blendtec! I'm in the same boat as Cendrine--had mine for a year, use it more than once a day, and it works perfectly. Also just bought Blendtec's newer, larger jar called the "Wild Side" (it is designed to have a 5th side, which they say makes for a more powerful blend). I LOVE it and recommend it to anyone who has a Blendtec.

I have the big jar too! It's great! I can make one blenderful and it serves my whole family! Very handy!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.