Need some new chicken dish ideas

pjlippert

Cathlete
Hi Cathletes- so, I've been eating a lot more lean proteins & veggies. I'm plum out of creative chicken ideas. Here are some of the things I've prepared.

Asian chicken with low-sodium terryiaki

Asian chicken with sesame seeds & my home-made sesame marinade

Medaterranean chicken with kalamata olives and/or capers, pine-nuts, basil or dill, goat cheese crumbles

Plain old roasted chicken

Any other ideas are greatly appreciated!

Thanks and Bon Apetit!

Pam

I've made chicken tacos before. I slow cooked chicken breast with taco seasoning in the crockpot. Sometimes I'd used taco shells, other times I'd just make a taco salad and add tomatoes, avocado, etc.

I've used one of the roasted chickens you can usually already buy precooked at the store and tore off the meat and made a pot of chicken vegetable soup.

I've used chicken inside of stuffed tomatoes. Carve out a tomato as you would as if making stuffed peppers, the roasted chicken works well for this recipe too. Then spice it up with whatever, you can dice up the tomato parts you scooped out, add that back in. If you arent opposed to cheese, I put half a slice of Swiss on top. You bake at 350 for about 10-15 min.

I've served grilled or baked chicken seasoned with rosemary with roasted veggies. For the veggies I used this recipe...I've changed this recipe as well when I dont want as many carbs, I've taken out the Yukon gold and put in asparagus before, or added mushrooms.

http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Roasted-Vegetable-Medley

Ive found some decent recipes here as well....

http://www.skinnytaste.com/

Last edited:
Yummy! These sound great, Stacy!! Thank you very much! It was a total "duh" moment on my part when you mentioned tacos- fajitas are always great also. Oh- and chicken salad- I could do that. The tomato recipe sounds super..

Thanks again!
Pam

Normally I'm a big cooker. Lasy night I was in a super hurry. I took a frozen chicken breast, this is the really bad part, I microwaved it! I know its really blasphemy ( I'm embarrassed just to type this). Then I took and shredded it up and mashed up an avocado with it. I added a little seasoning (rice vinegar is great on salads) . Put it on a salad bed with lots of tomatoes and it was really good. I was suprised sometimes it doesn't take a ton of work to make something tasty and good for you.

Sarah

Hi Pam,
We eat a lot of chicken breasts as well for lean protein and I hate to eat the same thing over and over again. I'm just going to list some dishes that I like and that are easy to prepare on a weeknight, you can google and find versions that would work for you:

White bean chicken chili
Chicken enchiladas with salsa verde - these also work well with rotisserie chicken
Chicken Marsala - with any veggie on the side and a starch if you like
Chicken Piccata - with any veggie on the side and a starch if you like
Penne pasta with chicken and broccoli - one dish meal
Ground chicken thai lettuce rolls

We also eat a lot of different stir fries with chicken, I'm loving black bean sauce now, but the sauces can vary.

I use epicurious.com for recipes a lot, so you can do a search there with a few ingredients that you have and see what catches your eye. Martha Stewart also has a bunch of chicken recipes here, Chicken Recipes: Chicken Breast Recipes - Martha Stewart. There are over 60 recipes here.

Eva

Csirke Paprikas - essentially onions, chicken, peppers, tomatoes, broth cooked slowly on the stove ( i cook on low and longer than suggested) and at the end you take out a bit of the broth, put some sour cream in it, stir it up and transfer back into the pot for a creamy sauce. You can use dairy free sour cream too. The longer you let this sit, the better it is. It's best to eat the next day so all the flavours can soak in. It's a traditional hungarian chicken stew. I omit the homemade dumplings that you throw in.

CTY VI TINH NGUYÊN KIM CHI?NH NHÂN CHUYÊN CUNG CÂ?P LAPTOP, PC, MONITOR , MA?Y IN ,SCAN ,COPY ,SEVER ,UPS CHI?NH HA~NG GIA? TÔ?T LIÊN HÊ?:Tel: 08.39203921 EXT:101GA?P MS.DUNG Fax: 08.39201819 HOTLINE:0938808173-01246577834.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.