need some advice...

bjbowers

Cathlete
I have a problem with 2 people that I cannot let go of...

6 1/2 years ago, my brother was killed in a construction "accident." Right before it happened, he was telling me how badly he wanted to quit because the working conditions were unsafe. He told me that he told his boss, who was one of his best friends, that he needed to make changes or he was gone. The boss agreed. Yeah right, this happened, and then to save his own a$$ he lied about the working conditions to L&I and the police and fire departments. $1000 fine and he was on his way.

What I wanted from to see happen was his business SHUT DOWN, an apology maybe??? Instead, he sent his lawyer to tell my family and that's about it. Over the years when I see him, he turns and walks the other way. Last night I went out with 2 of my girlfriends for girls night out. We ran into him and his hoochie girlfriend. Whenever I see him I feel like my heart is going to pop right out of my chest. His girlfriend gave ME dirty looks all night, and he just hid his face. I caught him whispering to 4 different people and they were not discreet at all. I wouldn't leave though, because I didn't want to make him feel better. You know?

Anyway, I want so badly to get this all off my chest to him, to tell him what a coward I think he is. I know he didn't WANT this to happen, but as the years go by I get angrier with this person. AND his girlfriend. what did I do? aaarrrrgggghhh, I want to talk with my mom about it, because that's who I talk to about everything. But if I mention him, she will get sad. What should I do? Confront him or find a way to let it go...maybe I won't be able to let it go until I do. But I am afraid I won't get it all out. I wrote him a letter once, and the words just poured out. Kind of like now. If anyone is still reading this, thank you for that.

Brandi..
Don't really have any advice for you, I can't imaging going through what you have been through. Very sorry about your brother. Maybe someone else here who has dealt with such a huge loss can help you.

Just wanted you to know that I feel for you....

Brandi,

I can hear your distress through your post. I agree that you need to work through this. Maybe it would be better to find someone trained in this area. The only thing I can offer you is an ear to vent your frustration to and a {{{cyber hug}}}.

jordan

Thank you both, I guess I was really needing to unload it somewhere. I know I will work it out when I'm ready, and I think I'm getting close:-(

Oh sweetie, my heart goes out to you.

Did you receive "grief" councelling after the accident, because I think thats what you need to do.

You have sooooooo much anger inside (and rightly so) that you do need to just LET RIPE , yell, cry, thump some pillows...........

This man is turning away from when you see each other, because he himself proberly feels imence shame and sadness as well. When he sees you, your just a reminder of what happened.

As for your Mum..........she will cry when your brother is mentioned, and thats okey........cry together.........remember funny things about your brother........and laugh together over them. Maybe your Mum needs grief councelling too!

Your not really living your life to the fullest at the moment Hon, because you havent "let go".........not to forget.......but almost a create "piece" within yourself over your brothers death and how it happened.

Im not sure if Ive been helpful, but big cyber hugs coming your way

Marion

Brandi,

I know how painful it is to loose a brother. My youngest brother past away 2 1/2 years ago. I understand your pain. I will be praying for you and your family. I also send you a big hug and please know that God is by your side and he will comfort your heart.

Jen

My heart goes out to you. I cannot even begin to fathom your pain.

Rest assured that this guy's behavior is certainly indicative of the turmoil in his soul. I would be consumned with old world conflict resolution management if you know what I mean! It took a lot of courage for you to post and hopefully peace is will soon find its way to you.

Please seek professional help and or speak with your pastor. This grief is eating away at you and your brother certainly would not want you to live this way. Don't give his boss any more power/control over you. While the past cannot be undone, you can control your future.

I will think of you in my prayers and hope that you will find closure and resolution to the loss of your brother.
Booboo39

Thank you everyone for your kind words and cyber hugs. They mean a lot. I am actually at my mom's right now and brought her in to read your messages.

On a daily basis I cope well considering he was my best friend. It's just seeing that guy gets me very worked up. I do need to do something about it and will.

Jen, I'm sorry for your brother's loss as well.

Thanks again,

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.