Need rotation advice....

MissLydia

Hi everyone!! I'm new to this board and to Cathe. I would consider myself an intermediate/sometimes advanced exerciser and have historically done mostly Firm/FitPrime w/outs. Over the last year and a half, I've lost a little over 30 lbs and am looking to drop another 20 lbs to reach my goal weight of 115. I'm on the petite side at 5'0" and medium framed, so to me, that's a reasonable weight. I just made a big Cathe purchase and some trades and will have the following collection by the end of the week:

Pure Strength series
MIS
Power Hour
Circuit Max
IMax
Step Jam
Step Heat
Power Max
Body Max

I also have most of the Firms; all of the FitPrimes; Powerstrike #1; Intense Moves and several pilates/yoga vid's.

I would like a good rotation that will help me shed fat quickly b/c I have a trip coming in about 10 weeks and want to look my best. I now work out 6x per week and can only spare 60 min. on weekdays but my weekends are open for long workouts. I am currently doing ediets.com for diet.

Thanks for any help!!

Lydia

Pure Strength series
MIS
Power Hour
Circuit Max
IMax
Step Jam
Step Heat
Power Max
Body Max

Lydia, I only have Cathe tapes, so I can't suggest rotations containing your other videos, but if I suggest Imax for example and you have another interval tape, feel free to substitute, etc. Okay, I would suggest doing this rotation for at least 4 weeks because that will give you time to see if it's working, if it is, keep going, if not, then we will figure out a way to tweak it:

Sat. Imax
Sun. Power Hour
Mon. Step Jam
Tue. Power Hour
Wed. Imax
Thu. MIS
Fri. Rest

You can also do a variation of this rotation by doing MIS instead of PH on either Sun. or Tue. so that you are doing MIS 2x's and PH 1x. You could even do MIS 2x's, PH 1x for weeks 1 and 3 of your rotation, and then do PH 2x's and MIS 1x for weeks 2 and 4 of your rotation. Or, ideally, do PH 2x's and MIS 1x a week for 4 weeks, then do MIS 2x's and PH 1x a week for 4 weeks. The Imax twice per week will greatly increase your aerobic capacity, boost your metabolism and burn fat. Step Jam is a long, steady state aerobic tape which will improve your cardio endurance, and PH and MIS will promote lean muscle gains as well as enduranc/strength improvements.

I personally love PS and think that this series does wonders for me, but if you want to shock your system in 10 weeks time, that might not be the best one to try now. Here is one of my favorite PS rotations:
Sat. PS CST and PS BBA
Sun. Imax (or other super intense cardio tape)
Mon. PS SL&A
Tue. Step Heat
Wed. Circuit Max
Thu. MIS
Fri. Rest

Hope this helps!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.