Need Chocolate Protein Powder Recipes please!

teddy16410

Cathlete
Hey all you creative peeps! I dont really like chocolate protein "shakes" so what else can I use my chocolate mix in? I'm a short list ingredient girl :D so be kind please!

I have a choco protein pancake recipe..not my flavor of choice for those ;) but really want to use up my chocolate protein powder!

Thanks!!!

protein bars

I use mine to make protein bars. I got the recipe from this site actually. Off the top of my head the recipe is..
6 scoops chocolate protein powder
5 tbspn peaut butter
1 cup oatmeal
1 cup powdered fat free milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup of water

I love these! They are very chewy, you might need to add more water also.

I use mine to make protein bars. I got the recipe from this site actually. Off the top of my head the recipe is..
6 scoops chocolate protein powder
5 tbspn peaut butter
1 cup oatmeal
1 cup powdered fat free milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup of water

I love these! They are very chewy, you might need to add more water also.

Ooooooohhhhhhhhh Nicole! Thanks - these look yummy!

Here's another ....

Flax muffin in a minute

1/4 C Flax Meal
2 TBSP Wheat Germ
1 Scoop of Protein Powder
1/2 tsp of Baking Powder
1 packet of Stevia (or sweeten w/your choice of clean sweetner)
2 tsp of Cinnamon (or more I like a bunch)
2-3 TBSP of Greek Yogurt
2 egg whites
1 tsp of Vanilla

Method:

Spray a large coffee mug or microwavable dish with Olive Oil cooking spray.
Place all dry ingredients in prepared dish.
Mix wet ingredients and add to dry ingredients and mix well.
Put dish in microwave for 60 to 80 or 90 seconds (depends on your microwave).
Put on plate and cut in pieces.

I'm like you, I don't like chocolate shakes as much.

Another thing I do is add 1/2 scoop or so to whipped cottage cheese, I mix it all up and put in the freezer for 1/2 or so, it's like soft serve ice cream!!

Nicole, Do you bake them and if so, what temp and how long? These sound great. What kind of protein mix do you like? I'm interested in trying these. Thanks!

Exercise-lover,
Are you asking about the protein bars? I don't cook those, I put those in the freezer to set for a little bit, maybe an hour and then move to the refrigerator. They are really good!!

For the flax muffin, I cook that in the microwave for a minute or so. That is good also, I ususally don't add any sweetner and put pb on top becuase it is a little bland since I don't sweeten it at all. Hope that helps!

The protein bar recipe is below... I got it from this website, it's on pg 5 of the forum I think.

Protein Bars

5 Tbsp of natural peanut butter
1 cup uncooked old fashioned oats (I used quick oats)
6 scoops of chocolate whey protein
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup non fat dry milk
1/2 cup water (may need more depending on type of whey used) I used another 1/4 cup.

Mix oatmeal, whey and dry milk. Then add peanut butter...the mix will be crumbly. Add the vanilla and water and mix until a dough forms. Mixture will be sticky. Spray an 8X8 baking dish and spread dough with a sprayed spatula or wooden spoon. Freeze for one hour or refrigerate for a few hours. Cut into 9 bars and wrap individually or layer between waxed paper. Keep refrigerated.

Nutritional information: 197 calories, 21g of protein, 7.2g of fat (8% saturated) 13.7g of carbs 1.6g of fiber.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.