Need advice please

Kel RN

Hi all, I just watched/worked out w/ Cathe on the Discovery Channel and after reading some of the testimonials here, am nearly ready to order some tapes. I currently use The Firm and am looking for good cardio tapes...Any suggestions? And, BTW, what is the Wedding Tape? Everyone raves about this one! Thanks!
Kelley

RE: Welcome Kelley!!

The Wedding Video is an awesome little tape and probably one of the first ones you should order!! It has 2 parts, an hour long cardio section and an hour long total body strength section. Don't let the name fool ya', it can used ANYTIME!! Other good tapes to get (for people just starting out with Cathe) are Step Heat, Mega Step Blast, MIS(if you want an all strength workout)and (I feel) the CrossTrain Express Series. I found the express series very easy to modify and alot of fun. You get cardio with each tape and you strengthen one body part per tape. So you can work one body part a week, or double up the tapes and do each part twice a week. Anyway, this is my list for newbies to have, hope this helps and I'm sure plently of people will also give you great suggestions!! Have fun and let us know what you get!!

Aimee

Thanks for the quick response Aimee! I'm currently doing more research and will use your guidelines too!! What do you think of Max. Int. Cardio???? Too tough for a newbie? ( I consider myself an intermediate exerciser)Let me know and Thanks for the advice!
Kelley

Hi! I have MIC and it is pretty tough. The Step section is typical Cathe and I love it, but the hi-lo is very hi. I still haven't been able to do the whole tape all the way through! (But then, I've had a setback year, so it'll take a lot more work to be able to do that tape.) I was intermediate when I ordered my first Cathe tape, which was Step Jam. I like it a lot and it wasn't too hard. I like the Wedding Tape, not just because it's a great workout, but because we also get to see little snippets of Cathe's wedding.

Hi Kelley!
I am a long time user of Cathe's videos and I love what she has done for the fitness industry. She is remarkable and her videos are very well done.
OK onto the videos. For your first tape I would recommend Step Heat as an intro. or the Wedding tape. I think that these tapes would give you a taste of Cathe's style and not leave you frustrated trying to learn a new style. I would say Maximum Intensity Cardio would be another choice but go into it realizing it is advanced in terms of cardio capacity but you can break it into 2 segments easily and you can always lower your step. Then you will always have room to improve. I do not have the 6 pack yet as I am still waiting for the DVD's but I understand that Cathe does not break down the moves because it is shorter duration but high intensity. This series may focus on those who are already familiar with Cathe's style and I would hate for you to get frustrated. They have great quanity dicounts though and once you catch on you will want more tapes and it really won't take that long to catch on. Good luck and let us know what you decide.
Peace, Ann

I am PSYCHED! :-jumpy
Thank you all so much for the advice....I've decided on Step Heat and will add MIC and The Wedding video once I get the feel of Cathe's style...Thanks again!
Kelley

RE: Kelley, I wish I could help you on that one,

but I don't have MIC yet. I'll be getting it soon though!! If you don't have it by the time i get it, I'll let you know what I think, ok? Talk to you later!

Aimee

Hi kel!
Well let me start by telling you, your in the right place.
Since i've discovered Cathe's workouts, there just is no comparison to other videos.
BUT, let me also forewarn you: Your going to want more.
I know, I said it when I started out too, "i only need one or two" but, your going to enjoy these workouts so much, your definately going to start wanting to purchase more.
So, don't forget to hop over to videofitness to join the other fans.
But, i highly suggest you take advantage of cathe's deals, the buy 4 get the 5th video free. I didn't do that when I started out, and ended up acquiring them one by one through exchange, and other sales etc.. I would've much rather had 4 or 5 all at once.
Good luck!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.