Need a bra for a backless dress: Suggestions pls!

beanqueen

Cathlete
hey catheites!

i'm looking for a bra that i can wear with a dress that is backless. it's an evening gown and the front goes up to form sort of a mini mock collar. (so my shoulders and back are exposed)

i need a suggestion for a bra. the material of the dress is acetate, so it'll show everything! :eek: i've seen those adhesive bras, but have very sensitive skin. was wondering if you might have a suggestion, or if you've used the adhesive bras, if you could give me some feedback re: them.

thanks so much!
bq

P.S. if there's a certain brand you've used, and favored. i'd love to hear about it! fyi: i'm about a 36B.

Both Victoria's Secret & the Gap sell backless bras. They have no straps, are attached w/some kind of sticky substance, & you get extra stickies w/the bra.

I'd recommend a product called "Nu-bra" - Victoria's Secret carries it. It is kind of like the stick-on variety, but it's not make out of any type of "sticker" material - the material of the bra itself just happens to stick to your skin. It's kind of ... rubbery, I guess I'd describe it.

I also have sensitive skin, and get a rash from a band-aid (I'm serious!), and this doens't bother me at all. It's pricey, but I like mine and have used it on a few occasions.

m.

I second the Nubra. They also have a "lighter" version out. I've seen it at Macy's , Nordstom's, and online. My sister used it for her backless wedding dress & it looked fabulous.I bought it for some summer dresses. Good luck!

P.S. - My whole family has very sensitive skin & it didn't cause any problems. I'm allergic to so many things & it didn't bother me.

thanks sooo much everybody!!!

i think i'm gonna try the nu bra.. i, too get a rash from bandaids. (you're not alone!) and i also have a bionic nose..i can smell a sharpie marker from the next room!!! scary, but true.

gonna check out the nu bra! thanks, catheites! :)
bq

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.