Natural Moisturizer

momto4

Cathlete
I have been using straight coconut oil on my body in place of lotion. Lately though I feel like it's not enough. The weather is very dry right now. If you use natural items could you recommend something for me?

I LOVE vitamin E oil. It cures everything. It's very thick and gloopy, so sometimes people thin it with almond oil. I use it everywhere!

Justine

shea butter

Nourish Organic Raw Shea Butter Intensive Moisturizer -- 5.5 oz - Vitacost

I use this for my driest spots, like elbows or eczema patches. Its hard when its cold outside, like coconut oil, but it works even better. And there is no petroleum:D I have been using it on my elbows since december and they are so soft now and they had been super rough.

This brand doesn't smell too much. There are some shea butter products that have a distinctive odor. I don't mind it as much, but I prefer not to have a scent but rather fragrance free style products.

This winter I have been using, for the first time, Elemis pro-radiance flash balm. I adore this product. It is made of oils. It smells divine, works fabulously well to moisturize my skin in a MI winter. It is rich, absorbs well and leaves my skin non-irritated and feeling like a smooth, peachy soft, almost like a baby's bottom! No other product has given me these results.

I also, this winter, got some retinoin cream prescription, for the first time and it is powerful stuff, it has dried my skin out several times. I slather on the Flash balm each time to re-nourish my face and neck and the results are wonderful. Instant calming, a cease to the irritation, stretched taut feeling, cured flaking. I love it.

I buy it online from whichever company sells it for the best price wiyh as many discounts on top as I can get because it 'aint cheap. But it is still cheaper than buying creams from Clarins, Estee lauder, Chanel, etc.

It also smells divine, did I mention that?

I also recommend Neal's Yard facial products: organic 100%. I use the Wild Rose Beauty Balm, comes in a jar, again made only of essential oils. Smells wonderful and it is rich, thick. You can use it as a cleanser and deep moisturizer. I clean my face, get in the bath, smooth this stuff on and then, adding water, massage it in for a few minutes, then leave it on while I bath and wash it off at the end. Again, like the Flash Balm, it calms everything down and moisturizes brilliantly. In winter, I apply moisturizer afterwards, in summer, I don't need to as its moisturizing benefits are enough.

Clare

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.