Natural Cures

cinnttu92

Cathlete
Has anyone bought Kevin Trudeau's Natural Cures book. I'm so close to buying it, but was just curious if anyone else has it and what they think of it.

A friend lent it to me-- I put it down after a few chapters because it is so poorly researched and written. It is includes some ancedotal evidence, mostly opinion and an occasional study (no bibliography included). There are several instances when he references a study, but does not cite it so that one can check the facts. That's fishy to me.

Secondly, he makes an effort to appeal to your emotions. Again, fishy. Give me facts. I realize that there have not been many studies on herbs, but there are some he could have used. Or, he should have conducted some himself. Enough with the attempts at manipulation.

The gist of the book is manufactured stuff is bad for you. Lay off things with preservatives, GMO, etc. However, he doesn't offer any real cures in the book, just lays out the problems and side effects of the modern diet.

In his conclusion, he says that for a solution, his readers should go to his new website, www.naturalcures.com. And there is a membership fee to get the natural cures.

Google him-- it's interesting.

HTH,
L

Thanks for the info. I did do a search on him and I found some articles and they basically just said what you said that he does not give cures but opinions.

Read the reviews at www.amazon.com . His infomercials make it look appealing, but from the reviews, it seems like he give no concrete info, has you go to his site, but the info isn't even there.

I think a lot of what he mentions on his commercial is valid info, and it's a shame that he is coming across as kind of a con-man, which reflects badly on the info as well.

It seems like most of the info you'll get from the book is already mentioned on his commercial (ie: keeing the body alkaline to prevent cancer, etc.)

I saw one of those news shows saying what a fraud this man is and I thought they had managed to kick his infomercials off the air, but I keep seeing him. Don't buy it.

Kathy

I don't have this book but I do have Dr. Don Colbert's book What You Don't Know May be Killing You! and it has some really good info in it! :)

I have Prescription for Nutritional Healing by Phyllis A. Balch, CNC and it has been very helpful to me and my family and friends. There is also a new book coming out called Prescription for Natural Cures by James F. Balch, MD & Mark Stengler, ND.
Colleen

I have not read his book, but I used to see him "hosting" infomercials for Dr. Atkins, the coral calcium guy, and some woman who hawks a book that supposedly tells you how to cure cancer without going to a doctor.

Julie

Wow, I'm surprised to hear such negative feedback on this book. I read it and have switched over to mostly all organic foods and notice a huge difference in my weight and how I feel. I believe what he says is true about the FDA and the medical profession, but this is jmo. I use to wake up with headaches every day and ever since I got rid of foods with hormones and steroids in them, I've felt great. I think the cost of the book is a bit high, if you can borrow it from someone, I suggest you do.
Debbie in OH

I think this is the book someone was just talking about last night because she's currently reading it. She likes it too. She mentioned something about a cancer-causing agent that is used in sooo many of our every day products like laundry detergent, baby wipes, etc....scarey.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.