Nancy C. here us your recipe for my fabulous cookies...

I did the search, too...

....and the usual recipe is the walnut filling kind, but with variations of apricot fillings that can be purchased at grocery stores. I've had them with a prune filling, too. You can just play with it, and make up your own.

So, just take the basic Kifli recipe and fiddle with it.
wink.gif

THANKS FOR TRYING!

Hi,

I looked at the Kifli and rugelach recipes. The rugelach is the closest, but I'm familiar with the sour cream dough taste. I grew up eating Kolache for special occaisions. Its not quite the same taste. I really does have more of a sweet scone taste made with the raisins, jam, and walnuts. The dough just doesn't seem as delicate as the rugelach recipe. By the way, I just loved the Berkley site! I found an orange, oatmeal cookie recipe that sounded wonderful! I think I may try that food editor tip and call my local newspaper. I'll keep you posted.

Helen Z

I put the Berkeley site on my "favorites" list...

...of sites! Now I'll NEVER run out of recipes! I just bought a "Name Brand Baking Book" with "side and back of the box" recipes! Those are some of the best. So many recipes, so little time. Up to this point, I've done a new recipe every week since Xmas, which would be, what? 35 or so? This is fun!!!!
happy.gif

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.