My toddler won't nap

mabdoo

Cathlete
My DD is almost 3. She will not nap at home on the weekends but naps everyday at the babysitters house. There she gets right in a little nip-nap chair and sleeps. At home it is the battle of all battles. I have even tried changing her nap time to later at home and it doesn't help. She just screams for the entire time she is in her room. Sometimes she falls asleep at dinner in her high chair and she is always incredibly miserable from about 4 until bedtime. Any suggestions? Thanks.

My kids all gave up their naps early and it was too much of a battle for me, so I just let them rest while watching tv during their naptime. Sometimes they would fall asleep, otherwise they would at least zone out for a while.

Will she fall asleep in the car seat? Maybe you can drive her around for a bit?

Good luck - that transition from nap to no nap can be tough.

Erica

I have taken her in the car at times but the problem is I have to wait for my younger daughter to finish her nap and by then it is kind of late for the older one to take a nap. I have thought about trying to start a quiet time but she is a VERY active child and doesn't sit still for long.

I guess part of the problem is that I need them to relax so I can get some stuff done. I know that is very selfish but I can only start dinner when they are tucked away for a little while.

Oh, sorry - I didn't realize that you had another child's naptime to schedule around. That is rough and you are not being selfish at all to want a little quiet time for yourself to get things done. Hang in there - maybe she'll adjust to not having her naps soon and life will be more peaceful. :)

Erica

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.