My son is single and an ER doctor.

janiejoey

Cathlete
Hi everyone,

I have a doctor son who is looking and want the life of a husband, daddy and a homeowner. Loves to travel everywhere in the world.

Here's the clincher. Dan works odd hours. It could be some days he will work at night for 10-12 hrs., then have a day off or so and back on days again. Back and forth all the time like that. This will never change. Not ever. His schedule is so messed up all the time, he has no chance to fit in some kind of scheduled group per se. He is kind and gentle.

Also (another clincher) he keeps asking if I know anyone that is single, no children and never been married before. He is going on 36 years old in Oct.

He is dreaming if he thinks he can get that anymore. So don't exclude yourselves if you decide to be interested. Momma knows best...:7

If he knew that I asked this on the internet, he probably would wonder about my sanity. But, really what else is there to do? He keeps asking if I know anyone. I just don't know how to approach him with this if there are any women out there that would be interested in him. If there were, help me find a solution please. Yet I feel compelled to do this anyway. He may just toss everything I give him from interested people here, but don't you think it's worth a try? Also I don't want to hurt anyone's feeling if he decides that this was not a good idea, and rejects this idea of mine and toss all the info away. Hey, you never know, right? I think I tried once before, but I didn't give this much info before and felt it's worth trying again.

Here are some pictures of our son. We call them his model pictures. Dan is 6'7" or 8". Big boned, not fat at all and not (in this time of his life) exercising. He is interested in many things, and has no passion for a certain interest. He gets bored very easily, and needs someone who can peek his interest up routinely, he as well would (I'm sure) do the same thing. Also he has done almost everything in life and has reached all his goals he set upon himself. He currently lives in Las Vegas. These pictures were taken 2 or 3 years ago.

In a mother's point of view, he is gorgeous! What do you think or should I not be doing this?

http://pic1.picturetrail.com/VOL1144/4322259/19349987/324809567.jpg[/IMG]

http://pic1.picturetrail.com/VOL1144/4322259/19349987/324809566.jpg[/IMG]

http://pic1.picturetrail.com/VOL1144/4322259/19349987/324809564.jpg[/IMG]

Let me know your opinions,

Janie

4760884_bodyshot_175x233.gif
[/url]

The idea is to die young as late as possible.

Well, I have a single friend who has never been married, no kids, comes from a family of doctors, and lives in Los Angeles...she's cute too, works out etc. 37, loves movies, writing, has a great sense of humor. She's also really smart. Definitely looking for love.

Maybe we should talk.... :D

Sparrow

"The winds of grace are always blowing but it's you who must raise your sail." - Sri Ramakrishna

Sparrow,

Yes, lets do.

Anyone else? You could leave me a message if you don't want to write things here on the forum.

Janie

4760884_bodyshot_175x233.gif
[/url]

The idea is to die young as late as possible.

Just want to wish you good luck and tell you I don't think you're crazy. Afterall, many people meet through the internet and you seem to have a very clear picture of your son, his personality, and his needs. (Might seem obvious to you, but I guess many people don't see their children so clearly).

So good luck; he looks like a very nice person and I hope he finds what and who makes him happy.

And you're a very nice mom. Mom knows best!:7

Though I've been partial to dark haired, dark eyed men my whole life (can't help it, I swear) your son is gorgeous. If he lived near me and you weren't freaked out about hooking him up with a 47-year old woman (I am not a cougar and I don't look 47... don't ACT it, either!) I'd be willing. My hours are nuts, too (a real problem), and I love travel (been to England, Russia, Greece ...Germany next year and I love adventure) but I'm afraid Vegas is a bit too long a trek from Columbus, Ohio. Where does he stand on HAVING children because it sounds as if he's not interested at all. If he is he does really need to get a move on.

I REALLY think you and Sparrow should chat. This woman sounds perfect.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.