My So Called Best Friend

fawn001

I have been friends with my “best friend” for about 20 years. We grew apart for about 10 of those years but have rekindled our friendship about two years ago. I never considered her my best friend until about a year ago. I told her she was my best friend and she said I was her best friend too.

Recently Facebook featured a video that could be made whereby you choose a specific friend and the video would be about you and your friend. It was very heartwarming and I loved it. I chose my “best friend” and then posted the video to her Facebook page saying “I am so glad we are friends!” I became very misty watching the video because I have deep feelings for my friend. When she saw the video, she “liked” it and then commented “thanks.”

Last time I saw her was prior to the video incident and we had a great time so I know she is not mad at me. One thing else I noticed (that I had never noticed before) is that her entire friends list on Facebook is private. We talk or email a least once a week and we do all kinds of things together. She invests a good amount of time into our friendship. What do you guys think? Is she really my best friend or am I just one of her friends? Or am I being too sensitive? And why would she make her friends list private?

I wouldn't overthink it too much. I don't think facebook 'friends' are the same as real time friends. That fact that the two of you have maintained your closeness through adulthood (which doesn't happen all too often because of geography, family situations, working too much etc, etc.) says a lot.
:)

I think you need to stop taking anything "facebook" related so personal. Facebook isn't real life. If she's your friend, she's your friend. Don't second guess the friendship because of anything on facebook. And in the other direction, don't assume that something posted on facebook defines your friendship.

I have my facebook friends list private also. All that means is that I don't think it's anybody's business but mine who is my friend on facebook. It isn't directed at anybody. It's just a personal preference.

I agree with what has been posted by everyone with regards to keeping facebook list private.

Please do not take it personally. It does not mean anything maliciously put in action for you personally.
We tend to spend too much time on it but it is just not real and I think we should not pay too much attention to how
people interact on it.

Also bear in mind that privacy are changed all the time. It could be one of the reason she is keeping her list for herself.
Well that is one of the reason I am keeping mine confidential! Facebook is just too much into invading our privacy!!!

Take care;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.