My sincere apology

jonahnah

Cathlete
to Stephanie, Carola and any other forum members who found my last comment in the "other" thread offensive and insulting. I did not mean to imply that Stephanie (or any other poster) would in any way have tolerated in any fashion the ridicule or scorn of Jews under Hitler, Suffragettes seeking the right to vote, African Americans seeking civil rights or Gays seeking equal rights. Nor did I mean to equate what Hillary encountered in this campaign with the tremendous suffering those groups endured. My badly phrased (and yes, angry) post was intended to point out that ridicule is a powerful weapon and is often wielded very effectively by those with power, or those seeking power as all those groups were (in some cases, still are) subjected to ridicule that later led to outright discrimination and criminal and heinous acts.

Carola, you were right about anger leading more problems. I will take better care in the future to leave my anger out of my remarks.
Again, I am sorry.

Jonahnah
Chocolate IS the answer, regardless of the question.

Thanks, Jonahnah. I too apologize if I offended you or anyone else. I tend to get pretty passionate about things too. This forum is here to bring people together who have a common goal -- to be stronger and healthier. And such heated debates can sometimes become unhealthy. But I did enjoy reading everyone's thoughts and I learned a thing or two -- especially from Carola! :)

Thanks again for this thread.

This has been on display for the whole world to see. A good few are needing to refrain from discussing politics as you cannot clearly control your passions.
Grow up and see politics for what it really is.
Revenge is a dish best served cold.
You have a vote. Make your mind up then keep your mouth shut on your decision. Don't get SUCKED the emotion of the moment.
To see such comments posted is a very sad reflection on this forum and on the US nation.
I grew with a deep admiration for yoour country. Racism, sexism exists world wide. Grow up and face reality.
The press manulipate articles to promote their point of view.
Sadly your society is no better than the rest of us.
Welcome to the real world. Don't be so gulliable or naive.

>This has been on display for the whole world to see. A good
>few are needing to refrain from discussing politics as you
>cannot clearly control your passions.
>Grow up and see politics for what it really is.
>Revenge is a dish best served cold.
>You have a vote. Make your mind up then keep your mouth shut
>on your decision. Don't get SUCKED the emotion of the
>moment.
>To see such comments posted is a very sad reflection on this
>forum and on the US nation.
>I grew with a deep admiration for yoour country. Racism,
>sexism exists world wide. Grow up and face reality.
>The press manulipate articles to promote their point of view.
>Sadly your society is no better than the rest of us.
>Welcome to the real world. Don't be so gulliable or naive.

Was this kind of response really necessary? :eek:

>This has been on display for the whole world to see. A good
>few are needing to refrain from discussing politics as you
>cannot clearly control your passions.
>Grow up and see politics for what it really is.
>Revenge is a dish best served cold.
>You have a vote. Make your mind up then keep your mouth shut
>on your decision. Don't get SUCKED the emotion of the
>moment.
>To see such comments posted is a very sad reflection on this
>forum and on the US nation.
>I grew with a deep admiration for yoour country. Racism,
>sexism exists world wide. Grow up and face reality.
>The press manulipate articles to promote their point of view.
>Sadly your society is no better than the rest of us.

This was so not needed.

It is an interesting post, isn't it? This poster seems to have become as sucked into the emotion of politics as everyone else! There's quite a bit of passion in this strange post......

Clare

Sadly your society is no better than the rest of us.

In America, the idealism is to make ourselves better than we are born to be....personally, just because sexism,racism, genocide are everywhere, doesn't mean we have to accept it.....that's why my family came here, lived in abject poverty, were allowed to "not accept" the real world of Europe, and were able to have homes and children through graduate school in one generation....where our african american neighbors could not ride the bus with my swarthy Italian grandfather - who marched for their rights (with me in a stroller) - and saw American change within a few years...........T We may be no better, but alot of us keep on trying to be better and not accept status quo - ....and no one has to keep their mouthes shut, this is still America, and annoying and pissed as we may get with each other, even on this exercise forum - we always come back to being civilized and apologizing for emotional remarks...

Hell, we're all sisters and brothers on this site, trying to stay fit with impossibly busy lives, and tempers fly when we're tired, overwhelmed and sick of crap in the world we can do little about EXCEPT talk, vent, vote, and spout off....big deal, we all have a common ground.....go ahead and vent, we've all done that, we've all stuck our foot in the mouth, and we've all regretted it and forgiven it in others.

Now before I start singing kumbaya, I'll shut up and go share my gullible self with Jari Love and some dumbbells.

Peace.

>Hell, we're all sisters and brothers on this site, trying to
>stay fit with impossibly busy lives, and tempers fly when
>we're tired, overwhelmed and sick of crap in the world we can
>do little about EXCEPT talk, vent, vote, and spout off....big
>deal, we all have a common ground.....go ahead and vent, we've
>all done that, we've all stuck our foot in the mouth, and
>we've all regretted it and forgiven it in others.
>
>
>
>Now before I start singing kumbaya, I'll shut up and go share
>my gullible self with Jari Love and some dumbbells.
>
>Peace.

ROTFL, oh just adore you!!! Very well said!

I thought I had posted on that but must have somehow lost it.

Johnanah, apology accepted but not necessary on my behalf. You hadn't said anything that insulted me personally, in fact, I agree with a lot what you had said. I just thought it got a little rough towards Stephanie in the end and I pointed it out.

I just wanted to say that, as many of you know, the US is not my native country. I am not looking back and I consider America my home, I am trying to adapt as much as possible, much to the dismay of my Mom who complains that I am too "americanized". But some things are different here.

In Germany, where I spent a large part of my life, the discussion of politics and social issues is a part of day-to-day life, you go to brunch or to a biergarten, etc. and you discuss social issues and politics with people that you have never met before in your life. Sometimes it gets heated, sometimes it doesn't but in the end everyone is happy and clinks beer steins, wine glasses, coke, sprite, water cups and talks about the weather, or whatever.

I have learned not to start a discussion about politics or social issues but I have a hard time staying away from those subjects, once it is started, it was part of how I grew up, it is somehow engrained in me.

I wish Americans would engage more in politics or social issues than they are currently doing. It is such a dissapointment to me to look at voter turnouts of 45 to 55 % in the US, compared to a voter turnout of 75 to 85% in Germany. Democracy can only work with participation. I just think that the hush, hush, under the table, let's not rattle any cages has a lot to do with it. Many people do not engage here.

I do enjoy exchanging opinions, I don't hold grudges and I am certainly not out for revenge. In fact, reading other opinions and trying to formulate thoughts in a response, helps me process information. On occassion, I put my foot in my mouth and wish I hadn't said something or said it differently. And on occassion I say some pretty dumb things. UGGGHHH!

That being said, I am somewhat unsettled by the post of woodmouth, that was soooooo not necessary on a consilatory thread. To me it was a lot more rude than anything I had heard on the "other thread". BUT she certainly has a right to voice her opinion, I just don't agree with the content OR the way it was said.

Well, I will be singing kumbayah with anyone who wants to join in. This will make for interesting singing while heaving 40 or 50 lbs on a barbell with Cathe's 4DS that I am heading to now :p

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.