My "Manly Man"

Juana

Hi everyone!

I need your opinions concerning TAE BO tapes. I know I could read the reviews on Video Fitness Online, but I value the opinions of the people on this forum. I don't post often, but I do visit frequently, and have read all the helpful advice that's exchanged among fellow Cathe fans.

My husband has asked me to find the Tae Bo tapes (for him)--I am a die hard Cathe fan! It's not that he doubts Cathe's workouts won't kick his butt, but I think it's that whole machismo thing, he may feel more comfortable working out with another "Manly Man" (Billy Blanks).

There's seems to be so many Tae Bo tapes out there now, which ones would you recommend? Are they a good way to get back into shape and lose weight?

I am still going to try to convince him to try Cathe's Cardio Kicks and Kickbox, but I'll be glad just to see get back into working out.

Thanks in advance!

I LOVE TAEBO!!!!! Get the Taebo Live tapes....the ones offered on QVC are good, and it's a good deal for the money. It's easy to follow (after you've done the instructional tape, of course) and fun!

I second HB!

I have done one of the advanced tapes in his new set offered from QVC (thanks HB) and it is not for sissies. Your hubby will like it! I also think he would like CardioKicks. Maybe, you could tack on just the power-drills at the end someday just to give him a taste of Cathe's style?? Good Luck. It is great he wants to workout! Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH :)

Taebo for sure....

My DH and I do Taebo Live workouts together. He likes them alot. Do you have Taebo Impact and a standing bag? Since my husband did Impact with me, it is the one he asks for all the time. We worked opposite sides of the bag and it worked out really well. Must be a macho thang...punching and kicking the bag. Now he is continually going into the basement and hitting the bag. (LOL!)

He did MIS one time and only one time. He complained about all the reps. He is more into heavy lifting and the endurance stuff really bugs him. Doesn't think he gets a proper workout with it. That being said he has done CIA 2102 with me. He did complain about a major case of DOMS a few days later so had to agree that it worked his muscles well.

Has he seen the end of Cardio Kicks where Cathe brings the guys up to the front? or aren't those guys "MANLY" enough for him?
;-)
Dawn

Thanks everyone for your help.
I'll defenitely tell him to get the TAEBO Live tapes. We don't have a standing bag nor the Impact tape, yet, but we may get one if he likes and sticks with the TAEBO Live. I have tried in the past to get him to either walk (finds it boring), run (hates it), or lift weights (doesn't like to do it alone), but it'll only last a week or so. If for whatever reason he misses a workout, he just quits altogether. He needs something that will keep his interest and show results to motivate him to stick with it, and I think TAEBO may be the key. As he progress, which I hope he will, he can add more tapes or take the CATHE CHALLENGE :p!

He hasn't seen Cardio Kicks, yet, but he has watched my eleven-year-old daughter and I do the Kickbox. He was trying to encourage her to keep up with Cathe, but when she said "Dad, this is hard," his reply was "I'm sure it is!" Maybe this is what got him thinking about the TAEBO :-hmmm?

I am just excited to see him "get off the couch." I am worried about his health and self-esteem. For years I have tried to get him to eat healthier and exercise without being a "NAG" or making him feel worse than he already does.

One last question...(I know I already made this too long)...how much is the TAEBO Live set on QVC? I found it on Amazon.com for around $36 which is about $15 cheaper than Collage Video (don't quote me on this).

Thanks again!

I may...

..be wrong. I thought I heard that the set was only available thru QVC?? HoneyBunch, you out there? I may be waaay off base but I just wanted to make sure you are getting the right series! I really like the advanced tape I've tried from the series. (A loan from HB!!) Good Luck and have fun when you get your new tapes. Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH :)

Debbies right

I just wanted to say ditto on everyones recommendations too;-).

The QVC set is the "Get Ripped" Series. The live set that you see at Amazon and Collage is the newer version of his intro set. Sort of an updated version of his orginial Taebos. Not to confuse you even more...but he does have the Live series...12 Advanced or 12 Basic tapes. You can buy them individually or as a set.

I'd say start with Get Ripped from QVC..can't beat the price and it's a pretty darn good sample of Billy.

http://members.aol.com/naconfer/images/springchickvfnutsig.jpg

1) My friend does Billy's Tae Bo.
2) He laughed at me cause I did cross training
(at that time - I Power Step now).
3) His wife said I'm in better shape.
4) Do you know who Brett Farve is? The great
quarterback for the Green Bay Packers? I
was told he's into cross training and aerobics.
5) Tell your husband that, they don't come any
tougher than Brett Farve.
6) I recommend that your husband buys Cathe's
Cardio Hits DVD and starts with the Power Max
portion. That's what I'm doing. Great workout!
Really gettin into it.

- Glenn

Hello from Milwaukee, WI! Of course I know who #4 is. My husband is a die-hard Packer fan (I personally like the Raiders:p). As much football as he watches I am surprised he doesn't know that about Brett.

I have the Cardio Hits, PS Series, BodyMax, and the 8 pack DVD. PowerMax is one of my favorites, and he has watched me do it several times. He knows Cathe's videos work, combined with running, I went from 136 to 107 last year...then I got pregnant, but that's a whole other issue.

I think his biggest fear with taking the "Cathe Challenge" is because he feels he doesn't have the coordination. He did buy one of Billy's Taebo tapes this week (I forget which one) and he really likes it.

Thanks for the info and...

Keep PowerMaxing!

Hello Juana and Glen,
I'm from Milwaukee area also. Big Packer fan. I'll have to forgive Juana for being a Raiders fan. Glen are you from Wisconsin? Just wanted to shout Hi to at least one and possibly two neighbors.
Dawn

RE: My "Manly Man" Hello Dawn!

Dawn,
Nice to hear from you. While I am from
the Milwaukee area, I'm not so sure Juana
is. I think she from the east coast.

I live in New Berlin and work in Pewaukee.
I'll have to leave a post out there specifically
for you, so I'm not clogging up Juana's thoughts,
questions on this topic.

Are you into fitness (stepping, lifting ,etc)?
I am, big time. Have you been to Miller Park yet?
Awesome!

Well, leaving work to go do my Cardio Hits DVD.
Hope to hear from you.

- Glenn

OUCH!

Hi Glenn and Dawn.

Boy, it's tough to be Raider's fan in Packerland!!!;) That's okay, I am used to it:). Good thing I am not a Bears fan, or you'd really let me have it.

By the way, I thought Midwesterners were supposed to be nice and friendly and full of goo-goo-goodness?

Rich Gannon Rules!

RE: OUCH!

Jauna,
We are nice. The Raiders are ok, their
owner is a little strange. Jon Gruden
is cool. He came from our organization.
He was our receiver coach at one time.

Yeah, I'm all pumped cause the schedule
came out yesterday (I have season tickets,
the Milw - gold, package). 8/24 preseason
v. Miami, 9/24 Monday night v. Redskins,
and 11/18 v. Falcons.

Get this, for the 9/24 game, I got reservations
at the Hilton Gardens by Lambeau, $189 a night.
Highway robbery, man. The other games, I'm sellin.

Go Raiders! Go Pack! (How about this, Pack v. Raiders
in the Super Bowl?)

- Glenn

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.