MY INDUCTION INTO THE HALL OF FAME

Cathe Friedrich

Administrator
arnoldfest600_dsc01794.jpg

Wow, somebody pinch me….what an amazing weekend! I am still coming down from the incredible high I was on this past weekend in Columbus, Ohio during my 2011 Fitness Hall of Fame Induction. It all began last Thursday night, flying to the event, with many thoughts going through my mind. Upon arriving in Ohio, I was feeling incredibly anxious and excited at the same time. I spent most of Thursday night unpacking and going through my three minute acceptance speech over and over. On Friday, my family and some close friends flew in to celebrate this honorable occasion with me and we all headed to the inductee Meet and Greet that night. As soon as I walked in the door I was warmly greeted by the co-founder and executive director of the Fitness
Hall of Fame organization, John Figarelli. I introduced him to my family and then began to mingle with the other inductees and their families and friends. There was a long wall of all kinds of posters, magazine clippings and memorabilia of the inductees accolades (including my own) and the many accomplishments achieved over the (minimum of 25) years of dedicated service towards educating/demonstrating the lifestyle of health and fitness. Some of them retired and others, like me nowhere near ready to retire yet. Introductions, laughter and bonding were enjoyed by all the families, friends and inductees. By night’s end we were a team and ready to officially unite the next day (Saturday) at noon for our official induction ceremony.

I woke up Saturday feeling a little nervous. I looked over at my kids sleeping peacefully in the bed next to me and instantly relaxed. It’s amazing how the sight of a sleeping child just warms your heart and calms your spirit. I lied there in bed another 15 minutes going over my speech before getting up to take on the big day ahead. Read More

Cathe,
Thanks for sharing your story. I enjoyed so much reading about your weekend. Love the part -"you can do anything for 3 minutes". Fantastic. I wish I could of been there. Sounds like such a cool event. Congratulations again-you are the best.

Joanne

So many times on Saturday my mind wandered back to the "I wonder how Cathe's doing....I wonder if she's on stage yet!" This was a HUGE day for all of us! The "inspiration" and "guidance" that you mention reaches deep within the heart each Cathlete and we are so proud of you Cathe!!

p.s. I love that you made sure to note that you are "nowhere near ready" for retirement! PHEW! haha!

Rock on Sistah! ;)

Sounds like you had a wonderful time, and got to meet some other interesting folks from the fitness field. Definitely a memory that you will cherish.

Cathe,

Congratulations! I loved reading this and I'm glad your boys were able to share the experience with you, too.

Congratulations on such a spectacular achievement! You have certainly left a permanent mark on Planet Earth and I think the next step is a movie. Think of all the Cathlete's that would act for free!

I can't think of anyone who deserves this award more then you Cathe! How great that your family and friends were able to experience this wonderful occasion with you. Thanks for sharing the experience with us! Big hugs!

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, feelings and pictures with us. Your boys look so grown up in that one picture. You really deserve that award and it looks like you had a lot of fun too. Glad I found you when I did Cathe, YOU ROCK!!!!!!!

What an exceptional triumph. So deserved, so fun. I think we all feel like a good friend has reached a designation we all knew she should have, and are so proud. The pics are so great....Your boys, Arnold, the other inductees, Sue kicking someone known as the strongest man in arm wrestling... I knew Sue could do it...;)

Congratulations!! And thanks for sharing your special moment.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.