My grandma died last night!

I am sorry to hear about your Grandmother. It is great to hear you have so many wonderful memories of her that you can keep for a lifetime !! She sounds like she was awesome !!!!!!!!!!

Hugs and condolences on your loss.

If your Grandma's husband is talking about selling the house anyway, is there an elder community locally? Some really cool elders I know have done this. They sell off the nest egg and move into a town house or condo in a community that is all elder people. There are different levels of service available. And they have a social circle with similar interests.

But whatever the plan, he needs to grieve before he acts. There are some real scumbags who'll take advantage of someone when he is down.

So sorry to hear of your loss. What a shock. Prayers to you and your family. Just be patient with your grandfather. Make sure family check on him. Try to feel him out as to how much help he is willing to accept without him feeling like he's burdening you. Since he's used to her cooking for him,invite him over for dinner or have different family members bring meals that he can heat up. Just try to be there for him. Everyone greives differently.

Bless you and your family.

Jean

I'm so sorry to hear this news. I hope my thoughts and prayers help confort you and your family during this sad time.
Lorrayne

I'm so sorry!! Is her husband also your grandfather? If not, he sure may feel lonely. Just keep in touch with him - help him grieve, but remember to grieve yourself. It's the hardest part of the healing process, I think. Remind yourself of how very much your grandmother loved you (and you her!) and that you have lots of caring people on this forum.

I lost my cousin recently - he had a drug problem and was so very dear to me. He had written about me in his journal that was next to him... I take great comfort in the fact that he knew, really knew deep down inside that I loved him so much - and that he loved me, too.

Take good care - we're all here and praying for you and yours!
Liz

I am so sorry for your loss. It is never easy to lose someone, no matter how old they. I will be praying for you and your family.

Robin

I am so sorry for your loss. She sounded like an absolutely amazing woman. May her joyous spirit and the wonderful memories you have of her carry you through this difficult time. Hugs to you.

Bam

;(

I'm so sorry for your loss. She sounds like she was an awesome lady. I like to tell people in times like this that: "No one is truly gone, until all who know them are gone, and all the good they have done is gone."

I am so sorry you lost your grandmother. I wish I could give you some advice about her husband, it's such a hard and sad situation, but I don't really have any. Many (((HUGS))) to you and your family.

(((((hugs))))) I am so sorry for your loss. She sounded like an amazing woman. Keep her in your heart forever.

I am so very sorry for your loss. I can only imagine the pain. Now is your time to grieve, but also treasure the wonderful memories you have. You're grandmother sounded like an amazing, inspirational woman. You are lucky to have had her. Hugs to you!

Maria Katherine

Thank you everyone. You all are wonderful.

This has been such a trying couple of years for me. God is truly challenging me. I have to be there for my Mom now. She needs me.

Again, your compassionate words are very much appreciated.

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about you loss! Please know that I'm sending my thoughts your way, too!
Leanne

I am so sorry Janice but what GREAT memories you will always carry in your heart! She sounds like she was EXTRA special! Thinking of you all. Big HUGS!

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid8692709

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH (AKA "Den Mother Debbie") http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/aktion/action-smiley-066.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance, I Hope You DANCE!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.