My First Post! Need advise on order

StepBecka

OK guys this is my first post ever here :-jumpy!! I've read a lot but never posted because I had not gotten any CAHTE videos because I wasn't ready for them. I started out a few years ago at a high weight :-( and have lost about 70 lbs of that. I have been in training so to speak for Cathe's advanced videos for a long time. I've used Step Reebok, FIRMS, Gilad Step, and Kathy Smith's step workouts with the Reebok step bench for a really long time and now feel I'm ready to graduate to Cathe. This is a real goal for me in my fitness life. I have also done a lot of Yoga, mostly Beth Shaw's Yogafit (don't mention that in some circles it's not always kosher):eek:

So why did I post? I am placing the order for my frist CAHTE videos Friday. Thought I'd tell you what I'm getting and what my goals are and see if I should change my order around any.

Rhythmic Step
MIC
Mega Step Blast
Step Heat
Step Jam
Wedding Video

I want to lose about 45 lbs more, I need to burn up a lotta fat, I have been lifting for a while and have some muscle but need to get the fat layer off and it's plenty! I think I need lots of cardio therefore along with continued weight training (which I have a good selection of weights at home and a basic knowledge of gym style lifting.) I am one of those no wheat, no sugar 90% clean eaters too.

OK I hope I did this right! I'm excited to be here and anxious to get some great advise. I've read here lots and really feel I'm joining a club I've always wanted to a part of!

Becka

Sounds Good...

Not Cathe, but a REG. My advice would be: MIC is the top of the mountain in terms of cardio. Split in two (the hi/low and then the step) to start. Don't be afraid to modify this killer--and use no more than a 6" step to start.

You've only got the weight half of the Wedding Video in all of these for Weights. You may want to sub in Body Max--which has both cardio and weights for one of the other pure cardios you have listed. Body Max weights are good, solid 100% weights.

But, hey--whatever you decide as long as it's CF, you'll be happy and get results. Happy jumping with us...Murph

You have some good cardio choices there. I would agree with Murph about substituting one with BodyMax or maybe MIS for weights. You can also split both of these tapes into different sections if you want to, which is nice. Good luck! It's always so much fun ordering new tapes!

Lisa

I have to agree that MIC is tops on the cardio! I have to make myself do other tapes because I love feeling worked to the maximum!! It is my favorite tape because it challenges me as far as cardio. I second the body max suggestion or MIS to go along with MIS. It's a great all body weight work out. Just to warn you, though, once you start with cathe, you'll soon be wanting to buy everything she has. She is so addicting!! Enjoy!
Lynn

I'd agree that you should add some more strength training to your choices. Even being familiar with weight training already, Cathe is at an entirely different level. I'd suggest MIS. I'd also consider substituting Cardio Kicks for one of your step choices to add in some more cario variety. As far as your step choices go, all are great, with Rhythmic Step being the most difficult choreography wise.

Stacy

I'm going to sub in MIS for probably Step Jam on Friday when I place my order. I know Cathe would have the best KB video out on the market but I'm just not a KB fan so far. :-rollen I'm a step nut at this point and generally walk for cross training or stop at the gym to use the stairmaster and bike at least one day a week to help with that too.

I so much appreciate the advise I'm getting.

How many times a week would be advisable for cardio/weights/yoga?
How long should the cardio be?

Thanks again.
Becka

RE: Advice on NEXT order . . .

Here in CatheLand, we specialize in spending for you, StepBecka!

After you've gotten your feet wet {not to mention the rest of you - with well-earned sweat! :)} give some thought to getting the Cross-Train Express series. It offers a variety of modes of cardio work, including your beloved step, as well as step-circuit, kickboxing, and hi/lo; it also offers strength training for all the major muscle groups and one video is exclusively dedicated to leg strength/endurance/sculpting. The kickbox and hi/lo segments are in smaller doses, so if these are also-rans in your preferred cardio modes, you're not stuck with too much.

I'm incrementally bringing in all of the CTX workouts into my 3-land-workout-per-week program (I teach aqua aerobics 2 times per week as well) and I'm seriously enjoying all of it, including KB and hi/lo!

Welcome to the gangette!

Annette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.