My first half marathon

tvan_horn

Cathlete
Just wanted to report that I complete my first half marathon yesterday and say "Thanks" to those of you who gave me advice during my training.

My goals were to finish in under 2 hours without walking. I met both of my goals and finished in 1 hour 56 minutes. I placed 20th out of 189 in the 30-34 age group. The weather was beautiful and the experience was great. I may not run any more 1/2's this fall, but will probably do some 5 and 10K's. I will try for another 1/2 next spring.

I attribute a lot of my success to having a very strong fitness base thanks to Cathe. Over the past 8 weeks I have really cut back on my Cathe workouts to focus on running, but I am ready to atleast get some strength and interval workouts back in the mix.

Thanks again,

Tina

Congrats Tina!!!!.....you did great....:)...I did one too yesterday but with alot less runners and the weather was cold and rainy but I really enjoyed the course. I will agree that Cathe does help you build a strong base....:)...Carole

Tina~that is GREAT! Hoooray for you! What accomplishment you must feel meeting both of your goals too. CONGRATS!!!

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Congrats, Tina, those are wonderful goals and you should be VERY proud of yourself for reaching them.

I ran in a 1/2 last spring and it was a terrific experience. I haven't run for a while, but plan on picking it up again, but it sure is hard after you've taken a break.

Good luck with the rest of your races.

Marcia. :)

Tina! Congratulations! You must be just thrilled with that accomplishment and you should be! Thanks for sharing and good luck with all your future running! :) :)

Jo

That is so wonderful Tina, GOOD ON YOU!!!! I am in awe of long distance runners and the tenacity that it takes to accomplish what you have done. Truly AWESOME~!!!!:)

Take Care
Laurie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.