My basement gym

Panelling is a pain, eh? I have it in my dog's bedroom and want to paint it. I may wait on that for awhile then. Or maybe hire someone. :)

It definitely looks better - more like some place you want to spend some time. Your pug is hilarious. Such funny little dogs.

Your dog has his own bedroom? Girl, I work out in a space that is four feet by 6 feet, and your freakin' dog has his own room? Jealousy has just reached a new level!

Nice work! I can relate to painting paneling - ugh! The seam lines are the worst. I also painted ours white (previous home) and I believe it took two coats of primer and 2-3 coats of paint. I was dizzy from the fumes!

Your workout partners are adorable . . !

Flooring

Kathryn, I think I'm getting the Tileflex flooring (http://www.greatmats.com/products/tileflex.php). The only problem is, I don't have a sump pump in my basement so I do get water maybe once a year if it rains really hard.

I guess it's a risk I'm willing to take--I love the room but what I've done has done absolutely nothing for re-sale value (unless a short athletic person wants to buy the place ;)). I think this stuff would help that, plus really make the room look beautiful.

P.S. the room is blue & green ladies! Only the trim is white! :p

Laura, that Tileflex flooring should be fine if it gets wet. (We looked at it as an option for our floor.) I don't know what kind of sub-floor they recommend, but I remember that it was an important part of the installation. I also think you can unsnap and take up the floor if you have to get at water underneath (ugh -- it wouldn't be fun).

It's great that you can do this stuff yourself. I'm not very handy (DH is even less so), so there isn't a job out there -- no matter how simple -- that we can't turn into an ordeal!

Needless to say, we had to hire somebody to do our basement.

I'll have to look closer at the pix to see the wall color. Thanks for sharing!

Laura, that Tileflex flooring should be fine if it gets wet. (We looked at it as an option for our floor.) I don't know what kind of sub-floor they recommend, but I remember that it was an important part of the installation. I also think you can unsnap and take up the floor if you have to get at water underneath (ugh -- it wouldn't be fun).

It's great that you can do this stuff yourself. I'm not very handy (DH is even less so), so there isn't a job out there -- no matter how simple -- that we can't turn into an ordeal!

Needless to say, we had to hire somebody to do our basement.

I'll have to look closer at the pix to see the wall color. Thanks for sharing!

I kinda figured they'd be OK w/water, thanks! I have a guy giving me an estimate on leveling the concrete floor. I'm pretty sure I could install them myself.

LMAO at you & your DH! My ex was the same way, & so is my dad for that matter. So I HAD to learn & honestly, I love my home projects! I always go into them expecting everything to go wrong so I'm pleasantly surprised when things go right. :p There's a tremendous amount of satisfaction that comes w/creating something to your taste that really feels like your very own. :)

Cool!!!

*Jealous* lol!!!

Very cool. One day, I will have one of those too!!!!

BTW, I am voting this thread a 5 to help combat the OSB!

You lucky girl having such a great space to workout. And all that equipment as well! You could start charging people!

Oh, I think this is worth 5 stars ...

Hmmmm interesting idea Ronne--maybe I could make up for my paycut! $10 per workout or $1200 per year.......:D:D:D

msmik, I can't say my dogs are the best of friends. Max kind of tolerates Penny. Sometimes they do play together, which is just the funniest thing in the world to see, sometimes they cuddle together, which is adorable, but mostly they just jockey for my attention. I cannot pet or play w/one at a time. ;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.