music players and phones

SaraFit

Cathlete
What do you do for music while you workout away from home? I used to have an iPod shuffle but when the second one broke I traded it in and got a smart phone. I love that I can listen to music on it with menus and playlists and also since I'd take my phone with me anyway, I only have one devise to keep track of. Anyway the other day I was jump roping with my phone in my pocket (stupid I know) and it flew out and the digitizer cracked. To fix it, it will cost about $100 so I'm debating what to do about fixing vs just getting an iPod or new phone (I'm on prepaid so no discounts with renewing). I had a screen protector on so it's holding the screen together and the phone seems to work for now though it's not pretty; I just wouldn't want to risk using it while I workout for fear the screen would fall apart and render the phone useless. If I got it fixed I would definitely get an armband for it. Does anyone find those uncomfortable to workout with?

Hi,

If you do get an iPod, be careful about the arm band holder etc. You have to take the iPod out of the protective case to get it to fit in the arm band. I ended up getting a cheap phone holder that has a clip on it and the iPod fits perfecting in there, with the protective case. The whole thing clips on my shorts/capris.

I personally didn't care for workout out w the armband love the iPod nano with its built in clip.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.