Music Makes the Workout!!!!

jillybean

Cathlete
Okay, I realized this as I was doing MIC, one of the things that keeps me going is during this tape is knowing that once I finish the hi/lo, which about finishes me, I will be able to hear "I Wish" and "Love Rollercoaster." So I gotta keep going! Some of my favorite Cathe tunes:
MIC's step section
All of Step Jam's (I admit, I like the Techno-Country!)
Rhythmic Step's warm up
Power Hour's warm up and the Back section
The James Bondish music from CTX Step Intervals and S&H L&S
Cardio Kicks (all of it!)
Leaner Leg's step ups section
Imax's music (especially intervals 4 & 5)
The ab music during CTX's Kickbox and Power Circuit

What are your favorites?

I absolutely LOVE Cardio Kicks. The music's awesome, and the workout is totally cathartic to me! I love the 'power drills' section. WOW. The music is pulsating, and she brings the guys up for ' a little motivation'!!! LOVE that!!!!! Now that I can get through the whole tape and know all the choreography, I REALLY look forward to doing this workout.

Circuit Max is another favorite. I don't know what gets me through the first two hi/lo sections-it MUST be the music!

I've only watched MIC step portion so far (only done the hi/lo), but I have to say, I love "Love Rollercoaster' too, and when I heard it on this when I previewed it, I just thought she's so cool for using it!! I am looking forward to breaking this one in :) .

Oh, oh, oh, how could I forget...Power Hour?!?!?!?
This one has SERIOUSLY grown on me (I'm sure it helps that I can get through the whole thing now as opposed to being fried for four days :) ) But the music-it's GREAT!!!!

Lastly, haven't even attempted it yet, but I really like Rhythmic Step soundtrack and look forward to learning the workout.

Sorry for the book, I do agree with you though!!
Music is inspiring!!!
Kathy

Great topic!

Power Circuit's circuit segment, all the way through - love love love the kickbox segment especially!

Love the ab music during CTX Kickbox and CTX Power Circuit ab routines

I too love the step music in MIC

The warm-up song in Rhythmic Step

The drill music in Cardio Kicks

Annette

Hey Kweller, I know what you mean about cardiokicks being cathartic. When Cathe brings the guys up front and we're all punching like crazy, and the music's going "Get-get-get-get-get off on b----" I practically collapse into a laughing/crying mess! Thank God nobody's watching! Do you think that's what they're saying in that song? It's hard to believe Cathe would use a song with the b-word in it.

Rhythmic Step, MIC (step portion), Power Hour and Cardio Kicks for me! Oh jeez, I like the warm-up in Imax... and the CTX Step/Intervals... and... well most of it's just great. ;-)

Hmmm...I *thought* that's what I heard, but I'm usually so euphorically focused on the workout at that point, I just can't be sure! I will listen hard next time!! Okay, since you said it first, I can admit it...I have cried during Cardio Kicks before. During the drills! I was really p.o.'d about something beforehand, but that workout is -okay- religious. I got a really good workout that day and came out *beaming* !!!
Lots of confessions on this thread!!!

(Please pardon my little 'true confession'!)

:)
Kathy

RE: Lyrics from CK

I think it is actually "get up on this" from Salt and Pepa's "Push It." I could be wrong though, wouldn't be the first time. And then in the power drills there's the "My body's sayin' let's go" part. I agree, CK is cathartic. I love this tape! It is my Thurs. tape and I always feel empowered on Thursdays. But I forgot to mention that I like "Wild Thing" in Power Max.

I like the carribean music in IMAX. I love going at that with the Rythmic L's. Also, Cardio Kicks definetly!!

I pretty much love all of Power Hours and Rythmic steps music.And I love the hi/lo section of MIC.Those are the two that are standing out in my mind now.
Lori

I love the music in all those videos too, but I workout with a 13-inch TV with a built in VCR. The sound quality is tinny and I can't get the volume. I have a hard time hearing all those little things everyone talks about. The music really motivates when it's loud and bassy. I envy you girls with the good sound systems!!

Seems like the later videos have music that's better balancesd with the voice- not overwhelming it but loud enough so my ears aren't reaching.

I love that part in S&H back at the second set of pullovers- really motivating. Also, all the music everyone else has described and listed here. Cocomac- I hope you get a nice sound setup soon! It will make all your workouts fresh!

Me too, Connie!

That is my favorite music in the series. It fits that move sooo well. I hope Cathe uses that move in the next series of tapes. I also feel it in my triceps very well along with the back muscles! DOUBLE bonus!

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

RE: Lyrics from CK

I'm not sure if the drills in Cardio Kicks is a re-done SaltNPepa or not... it almost sounds like Eye of the Tiger beat in the background but I can't identify the lyrics. If only this music were available for purchase... Can you imagine?

Sorry to revive this older thread, but I have been listening to clips of Cathe's videos on the website and the music in PH particularly sounds awful. Is it? Mind you, I'm an old-timer who loves the music in PS because I know all the songs (Brown Sugar, Rock the Casbah,etc.) There isn't a single song I don't know well. Music is extremely motivating to me, and is therefore very important. Did anyone not like the PH music at first and then have it grow on them? I won't buy the workout unless the music is good. Thanks!

I agree on the music, but in addition to the Cathe (or anyone else's workout music), I NEVER racewalk without music. I must have 30 or more tapes! Music is ESSENTIAL for walking. In classes, too, really good music is vital.

I agree that music can make or break a workout, but it's obviously a matter of taste as to what is "good" music! There's another instructor out there with workouts I really enjoy but sometimes the music is not to my taste & I selectively mute it (after I've learned the moves well enough to follow it without verbal cueing!). IMO the oldies are just that & I like listening to new & different music like Cathe uses. It's also funny to note that in the thread from awhile ago I commented that the section of Rhythmic Step where the lady "howls" (JMHO) bothered me. I realized that PH has the same music & I kind of like it. Maybe the "howling" seems to fit during parts of PH (low ends come to mine, & those LUNGES!!)

Leslie

Something about the song that is playing during the final bench press section of Slow and Heavy really motivates me to give it my all.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.