Music in PowerMax

harborprk

This may be a stupid question,but it is driving me crazy:) Does anyone know the name of the song that is played towards the end of the tape after We Will Rock You and kind of mixed in with Wild Thing? Any help will be appreciated!

Not sure...

I don't remember the order of the songs at the moment, but there are two other songs I seem to remember hearing on that video -- "Gonna Make You Sweat" by C&C Music Factory, and "Give It Up" by The Goodmen. I'm not sure if that's the right spot in the music, though.

Lynne

What part do you mean?

I got out Powermax today because this started to drive me crazy as soon as I read it!! What choreography is she teaching? I watched the last segment and didn't hear We Will Rock You, but I did hear Wild Thing. Now I'm going nuts, too!
Tricia

Still trying to figure this out

This song is in the middle part of the tape. It is heard the best during the part when we are "skipping" first backwards and then forward back to the step. I hope this makes sense:)! The lyrics are something like "baby work it" then I think "move it".

I think it's actually two songs

The "baby, baby" and "baby work it" parts are from a Salt & Pepa song (I think!). The "move it" part I'm not sure of, but I don't believe it's from the same song. That whole tape seems to be a mix of various songs spliced together, rather than song-by-song like on other tapes.

It's a whole BUNCH of songs...

<center><font size="1" color="#ff0000">LAST EDITED ON Sep-12-00 AT 12:25PM (EST)</font></center>

I was off work last week, so I took some time to play Power Max Music Trivia. There's a whole bunch of songs in there. Here's the complete list, in order (oh my, that sounds so pathetic!
wink.gif
):

1) "Lick It" by Roula
2) "Twilight Zone" by 2 Unlimited
3) "I Like To Move It" by Reel 2 Real
4) "Robi-Rob's Boriqua Anthem" by C&C Music Factory
5) "Get Ready For This" by 2 Unlimited
(Then several of the above songs repeat in a different order.)
6) "Whoomp There It Is" by Tag Team
7) "Push It" by Salt-N-Pepa

Okay, so that's more than you ever needed to know!
wink.gif
But my curiosity gets the better of me sometimes...

Lynne

Here's what I came up with...

There's one that says "Baby, work it" - I don't know what song that is. Next song I heard was "Whoomp, There It Is" by Tag Team. After that it was Tone Loc with "Wild Thing". Hope that helps.

Powermax

I believe that the music was just a bunch of medley mixes with 7 second sound bites from the original artists thrown in here and there. Its my favorite sound track too. Sometimes when doing a video the music companies have a lot of new music available and sometimes not much at all. That year I was "getting goosebumps" listening to the selections. I knew that video was going to be a fun one for me because I was so inspired by the music selection
wink.gif
!

Favorite Soundtrack!

Cathe, I have to say, that's my favorite of your video soundtracks for vocal/original artist music. My favorite for instrumental is Interval Max, especially the very first song in the warm-up. So much great music!
happy.gif

Lynne

Thanks Everyone!

Thanks for trying to help me figure this out. This soundtrack is great and it really adds to the enjoyment of the workout. It energizes me!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.