Muscle Max Question

stephfitz

Cathlete
Can you do Muscle Max without having a barbell? I have been doing PUB/PLB. I want to get another Cathe weight workout that is total body at one time. This one looks good. But I don't have a barbell yet. Will I be able to Modify? Thanks.

Steph

Hi Steph, I don't have a barbell too. I use dumbbells.

Mariángeles a spanish terminator and TAEBO junkie. :) :)

I have a barbell, but I prefer to use dumbells unless I am doing squats. That is just a personal preference for me.

I'm pretty new to Cathe and don't own a barbell. I have shoulder issues and one side is a lot stronger on my body than the other so dumbbells work best for me (helps balance me out!). When I'm using heavy weight (like 20-25lb dumbbells) I put a small hand towel over my shoulders and then rest the dumbbells on the towel (of course I'm also holding the dumbbells as well). My shoulders feel great doing this! I don't think I will ever get a space hogging barbell.
Valerie

I do own a barbell but find myself prefering dumbells often. In my opinion, pretty much all of her exercises on any given program are easily modified to allow use of dumbells instead of the barbell. However, the resistence a barbell offers (and some of the hand positioning) is slightly different than that of dumbells and can offer variety as you progress so it's an investment to think about for the future. Hope this helps :)

Catie

I have only used free weights since starting Cathe and have noticed great results. You do not need a barbell...Also, now you know both sides are working equally instead of one compensating for the other.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.