Muddy Buddy?

ellesan

Cathlete
I'm considering doing this kind of race but wanted to hear experiences/thoughts. This one is actually called the Dirty Dash-- a 5 woman team, 10 K mud run obstacle course. ;)Looks fun but I have been plagued by knee problems = not a good/fast runner...although I know it's not really all about the running! I know that physically I'm capable of doing the course distance, etc. but I've never played in the mud like this before. Thoughts?
http://www.thedirtydash.com/map.aspx
thanks!

DO IT!!!! :D My sister & I did the Warrior Dash in June and had THE TIME OF OUR LIVES! We were completely covered in mud at the end and laugh & laughed the whole way thru! We are definitely doing it again next year! Spyrosmom & materialsgirl did the Warrior Dash too. In October DH & I are going back to IL to do the Monster Dash - think Warrior Dash but with a Halloween theme! We're dressing up for it -he's going to be a gladiator and I'm going to be a Roman princess - I'll just cut the dress short and put shorts under it so I can run. I cannot wait!

Thanks Kate! The Monster Dash sounds like so much fun!!:D Do you wear your good running shoes and just wash them when it's done or do you wear an old pair?? Any other tips?

For shoes I wore some old nasties & pitched 'em after the race. My black shorts came clean fine but my turquoise shirt wasn't quite the same. Oh well - seeing the stains always makes me smile!

There were ALL fitness levels there - some finished it crazy-fast & others took a long time. My sister didn't want to run the whole thing so we walked some and that was fine. I didn't do it for the time - just wanted to have fun. You will do GREAT!

We took a waterproof disposable camera so we could take pics along the way!:D Hilarious!

What Chefkate said!

Much fun!! I wore my old inside workout shoes and tossed them when I was done. I had on black pants and a purple tank top and they washed just fine. I didn't even try to wash my socks - just tossed 'em. It did take a good long scrubberific shower to get me clean at the end, though. I'm also thinking of doing the Monster Dash.

Go for it!! You'll have lots of fun!

Nan

You'll get mud in places where you never thought you could get mud in. My brother and his girlfriend are doing this race in the fall here in California. Looks like fun! Go for it and just have fun. Let us know how it goes!

Definitely, go for it. We did an 8k dirty dash a couple of weeks ago, and it was the most fun I've ever had in a race. I left my watch at home, so no pressure for a good time. Most of the race was spent running in sloshy wet shoes from having to cross a knee-deep creek twice, I was worried about blisters, but got none. The mud pit at the finish line was also knee deep and actually had to crawl through because my feet kept getting stuck! So much fun and laughter.
Sherry

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.