Mucked Up DVDs...HATE em! - Oct 25

With all this donut talk I'm surprised Briee hasn't been back over here sniffing around--lol! Okay, I better skedaddle off to bed. I'll see you in my morning:* :*

Cardio Lover Mission Trip

Good morning, cardio lovers to be! :7 An avid cardio lover is here on a mission. I am back for another visit, but this is no social call. I think it is no coincidence that the new Cathe DVD with the most cardio is missing in action. I am here to investigate. Which one of you did it?! ;-)

August, I am sorry to report that I have more bad news for you. Are you sitting down? You do indeed have wild movements and extremely animated facial expressions in your future (not to mention wild and crazy hair). :7 Keep watching! You will know it when you see it. It appears that Christi has deleted her online photo album, so it will have to be a surprise. As a word of encouragement, I do not recall any excessive whooping in the newer workouts. Just close your eyes and enjoy! ;-) On a more serious note, what exactly is the problem with your Gym Style Legs DVD? Will it play at all? Are you able to manually skip through the chapters? Have you tried cleaning it with lemon pledge? Have you tried cleaning your DVD player? If all else fails, order Butts and Guts. :7

Michele, did you really have to tell me about those donuts?! :9 I am gaining weight just visiting this place. :eek: First it was the pizza thread in Open Discussion and then Cathe listed all her favorite foods and now this! Don’t y’all realize that some of us gain weight just thinking about food?! ;-)

Y’all behave and don’t make me come in here again this week! ;-)

Blessings,
Heather B.

"So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God" (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

RE: Cardio Lover Mission Trip

LMAO!

Heather B., you so funny!

It certainly wasn't me who zapped the cardio from Cathe's newest bunch. Personally, if I must say, I think it may have been a cardio lover who is actually a cardio hater and really should be posting here every day. :7 Come out of the closet whoever you are!!

Well, I was sitting down when I read your Christi news, but I could have been in any position to hear the bad news about extremely animated facial expressions. But to think of it in a positive light, it's kind of something I'm starting to look forward to. I'm making my way very slowly through the Christi workouts so that I can savor them, much like the donut that Michele kept me thinking about all day. :p It's a bummer that there has been so much garbage being posted on Christi's site to the point of them having to erase everything. But I'm glad to hear the photos are gone so it won't ruin my surprise LOL.

Ahhh, my Gym Style Legs. The problem with it is the menu doesn't respond. I live in Japan and so I use my laptop to watch DVDs, so I have it set to Region 1. My regular DVD player only plays Japan-made DVDs, so I don't use that for exercising. Anyway, my Gym Style Legs is stuck in the chapters section, but will only play one of the chapters and then will finish, leading me back to the chapters section, but will only allow me to play that same one chapter to which it is currently cued. This flukishly happened with my previous Gym Style Legs, but stuck on a different chapter! :eek: x(

> If all else fails, order Butts and Guts.

LMButts and GutsO!

I've got lots of computer geek friends around me ;) so when I get desperate, I'll ask them to try to do something about it. Or maybe this is a message to me not to do squats and lunges. :D I wouldn't want to ignore that message!

Oh yeah, I saw Cathe's favorite junk food list. Dang, I'm lucky I live in a country where those things aren't available or I'd be in BIG trouble.

Anyway, smooches to you and have a nice day!

All I know is I heard Pumpkin spice and I think I about fell over at the thought of the piece of heave I am not getting....Michele can you fedex one for me?????

I am too tired...need more sleep. Need a vacation.

Ok, I have got to go and get ready for work now (oh yeah).
I will do my best to pop back in, if I get 2 seconds to myself today at work. It's always work, work, work....uhhh....

THAT'S IT, IT'S OFFICIAL.....I'M A MEMBER OF THE CARDIO HATERS - EVEN THOUGH I LIKE CARDIO.

This is a beautiful thread!! Where is this store...why don't I have one?????? Do they ship???? Quicker than Sony??????

And I can lift my head high and say I HATE YOGA over here ----- (truthfully it's not that I hate it.....I'm just extremely yoga-challenged, yoga dyslexic, a yoga failure....okay so I hate it)

Briee....the new cardio hater. Hey Sooooooooooooosan....I got new friends!!!!!;) ;) ;) ;) ;) (that was truly a joke - I just adopted more of them - will never leave the chin site:7 :7 )

Briee, I was wondering how long it would be before you smelled the donuts--lol! We'd love for you to join us. You can love cardio--we don't mind. We reserve the right to think you're crazy, though--you and Heather:7 By teh way, do you like barley? It's a magical food. Hmmmmm, I wonder if they can make donuts out of barley flour?

Heather, I can't stop laughing at your post. You are too much! Like Briee, I hope you feel welcome to darken our door any time. Oh, I created a thread in OD just for you;) .

August, I see you've added Yoga to your scientific research.:7

Janjan!! I cannot FedEX a donut to you because I would probably eat it en route from Tim Horton's to the FedEX box:eek:

Wow, I am so impressed by the number of posts this morning. I have a lot of work to do today, so just wanted to stop by and say hi.

No workout yet today, but I am planning on doing Imax 2 or something like that after work. I have a wedding to go to on Saturday and I am wearing a sleeveless dress. I realized yesterday that eating like crazy on vacation + eating a bunch of Halloween candy before Halloween + no working out for a month has made me look a little plump. Luckily my dress has a full skirt and is loose on the stomach area, so the only really concern is my arms looking flabby. So I am going to try and cut down on carbs and do tons of cardio and pushups and things today until Saturday so that hopefully my arms will go back to their usual slimmer form. I won't have any muscle tone, but at least I can try to make them a little slimmer.

Here is my wedding plan:

Wed: Imax 2 and pushups
Thursday: circuit workout (HSC or BC)
Friday: Lowmax and pushups
Saturday morning before I leave for Austin - probably only have time for a quick run.

What do y'all think about this "emergency arm slimming plan"?

Hi sillies!

Jana - You work too much!! You need to come back to talk with us about barley and donuts.

Briee - SMOOCH SMOOCH! We're cardio-hatin-donut-lovers, so feel free to join in when you feel the urge! To tell you the truth, I'm not a yoga fan...yet. There's something about holding poses for long periods of time LOL. I bought my Basic Yoga for Dummies like YEARS ago, did it a couple times and then threw it in my closet. But I'm in an experimental stage right now, so out of the closet it came! The breathing gives me a sore throat. :*

Michele - Were you able to get some sleep? OH! I have to tell you - I've got the magical powers again :p ! Yes, I defrosted some barley and plopped it into my tuna/tofu/cauliflower/spinach/okra and parmesan cheese dust salad. It was mystical to say the least! Yes. I have added Yoga to my experiment }( . I've decided it's not the grains. I've decided that it's a matter of making my torso and intestines more pliable LMAO.

Diane, I'm just going to pray your arms can hold up for all that work!:eek: JK--I think your plan looks like a winner.

When will your DH get home from Korea? What's he doing over there--is it a work related trip?

LMAO, Diane! A three-day emergency arm plan!

Wouldn't you rather talk about pumpkin spice donuts?

August, it brings joy to my heart to know you've dished up some barley today. It's all about the magic. And I don't think Heather will mind barley talk--lol! I can't stop thinking about donuts made with barley flour. Could you please add this to your research? I'd look into it myself but you've got such a grasp of the scientific process that I'm not sure I could do it justice.

I slept okay once I GOT to sleep. I don't know what time I finally drifted off but the last time I looked at the clock it was about 3:15;( . Then I oversleptx( . I'll be better once DH gets home. He'll be home Friday evening, or did I mention that already? I can't wait!!

I was supposed to take dinner to my inlaws tonight but they would rather I bring it tomorrow, so tomorrow it is. It's just as well because it's a gorgeous day and I'd rather spend it doing something really fun.

I need to do my workout, too, so I better get crackin'!

I'd love to do the research. I wonder if I should research donuts first? :p

DH will be back on Friday, woohoo! I'm sure you're looking forward to having him home, and then you'll be able to sleep better. Well, after he gets over his jetlag, at least.

I guess your inlaws must be much better if they are asking you to come tomorrow instead. That's great news!

Well, it's past midnight now.

I hope you all have a good workouts! Tomorrow I've got meetings so I won't be able to hang out as much. :-(

:* :*

DH is not back until Sunday, so I will be at the wedding solo (even though the person getting married is his friend first, though she and I became good friends and worked together for a while and now are better friends than DH and her ever were). Yes, he is in Korea for work. This is actually the first big deal he has been negotiating by himself, so it is pretty exciting. There should be some people there from my work (since we used to be co-workers) and I should know a ton of people, but it still stinks going solo. I just want to make sure I sit at a good table with people I know, or the night could be very uncomfortable. And my wedding band is still getting repaired, so I hope people don't think DH and I are having problems since he is not there and I don't have a band (I do have my engagement ring, but I still worry about these dumb things).

I hope my emergency arm plan works. I can slim does pretty quickly with some hard cardio sessions (all water weight I am sure) but usually that only works with my abs and thighs, I am not sure about my arms. I am also using some self tanner (the Jergens slow building kind). I look slimmer when I am not a blinding white.

Phew...I'm done! I did my workout. I cannot believe I'm right on schedule this week. Now, if I can only maintain this discipline. ;(

August, I saw your post in my other thread. You're absolutely right! The gauntlet has been thrown down and the pressure is on to be witty--OMG! Easy for you, August, because you're naturally funny, but a trial for me who is not quite so clever--lol! I think we need Heather and Briee to post with us more often to up the spunk and fun factor:7

Diane, I hate going places alone, too, but once you get there and find a few people you know you'll be fine. I wouldn't worry about the ring. Besides, it's not like you won't be wearing one. I usually don't wear mine:eek: , only because jewelry bothers me and I find it uncomfortable to wear. Did my DH luck out or what!? Well, not really. I may not want jewelry but I have a healthy appetite for antiques :D.

I'll see you girlies in the morning. I need to find something for dinner. I hate eating this late--it's after 9PM ;(

:* :*

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.