"Mr Rolleyes"

kathryn

Cathlete
Just look at that smilie.

Does s/he look "sarcastic" to you? That smile doesn't look sarcastic to me . S/he's too happy.

I'd be using that emoticon to indicate a "Who, me? I didn't do it" kind of false-innocent mood. Kind of a coy 'Who, me?"

If I use 'roll eyes' for that, will someone think I"m being sarcastic?

The wink smiley sort of bugs me. It looks more like a smirk or something. A strange expression. ;) I hope that's not what I look like when I wink.

edit: sorry I didn't actually answer your question. I agree...it doesn't really look sarcastic to me. I don't know how it would appear if you used it in another context.

Just look at that smilie.

Does s/he look "sarcastic" to you? That smile doesn't look sarcastic to me . S/he's too happy.

I'd be using that emoticon to indicate a "Who, me? I didn't do it" kind of false-innocent mood. Kind of a coy 'Who, me?"

If I use 'roll eyes' for that, will someone think I"m being sarcastic?

I've been thinking this the whole time since we switched forums! Yes, :rolleyes: is a little too happy. I think the sarcasm is just barely evident, especially if you're actually peeved about something. Eek :eek: imo is a little too happy also. I at least wish there was an eek that looked like it was saying "eek, oh crap!" not "eek, oh goodie!" (I bet Laura would have a use for that also!! Sorry, I had to). Winky ;) - I have no idea. I said once it looks like a grumpy DH that doesn't want to get out of bed, or like someone who just ate something iffy and is about to ralph. And where is our little devil-smilie? :(

"I hope that's not what I look like when I wink."

LOL Jodi, same here. ;););)

Oh my only annoyance with the new forums is the smileys. Yes, the rolling eyes one does not look sarcastic and I want sarcastic. The "eek" one and the "tongue out" one look too happy as well. (Can you tell I'm sort of a curmudgeon?)

And most importantly--I miss the devil smiley!!!

Maggie:)

Eek :eek: imo is a little too happy also. I at least wish there was an eek that looked like it was saying "eek, oh crap!" not "eek, oh goodie!"

Eek looks a bit deranged! I liked the 'bug-eyed with no smile' Eek from before.

The Wink smiley may have some kind of facial paralysis going (I always thought Bucky the Badger, the mascot for the University of Wisconsin, looked like he's got partial facial paralysis).

And the 'embarassed' dude looks like he's maybe going to hurl some chunks (just imagine those cheeks in green rather than red, and you've got it...not an inappropriate emoticon for some uses).

I do like "confused," but I don't think of him as 'Confused" as much as something like 'weird stuff, that!'

(Who knew this topic would actually engender a conversation, LOL!)

And most importantly--I miss the devil smiley!!!

Me, too!
(weren't there two devil smilies: one that look serious, and one that looked like he meant "I'm being a little devil! Kidding!"?

(I'm looking at "eek" again...doesn't he look a lot like the cookie monster? I'd use him if I were writing about cookies. "Chocolate chip/coconut cookies? Yum! :eek: Yes, definitely more appropriate for culinary enthusiasm than as an "Eek")

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.