Most relaxing yoga video

gingerdavis

Hi guys,

I'm curious which are your favorite yoga videos for relaxation. I've been using Ali McGraw's video for about 5 years now, but only about once a month. I'm looking for a video or videos at about that level of training (intermediate). I don't care if it's spiritual or not. Mainly, I want something somewhat challenging as far as flexibility, but not a serious strength workout as I do enough of those. However, if you have a favorite strength yoga video, feel free to share that too.

Thanks for taking the time to share your ideas!

Ginger

Hi,

This isn't a video but there is a very excellent 2 CD set by Shiva Rea called Yoga Sanctuary, there are 2 cds Solar (more strenuous) and Lunar (more calming) and it comes with a pose poster you can follow. Its very very relaxing I think because you are just listening to it to follow the poses. There is both a meditation and a Shavasana at the end. Very nice!

Jill

Hi Ginger! I started w/Ali McGraw's & then went into doing Yoga Sculpt w/Karen Voight but her new one Yoga Focus is FABULOUS! It has yoga strength for the 1st 30 min. love, love, love the music that she selected & then goes into yoga stretch for the next 30 min. Yoga stretch she uses an Indian rug & the music is more relaxing; there are some poses that are challenging but very doable. You can view it on her website before buying. HTH, Kathy:)

I'm not a big yoga person, but I too like K. Voight Yoga. Both of her yoga focus routines (yoga strength and yoga stretch) are also on Sleek Physique DVD. You can those cheaply at Ya Yas Swap for about $10.

Hi Ginger-
YogaZone has some flexibility and stress release type yoga videos that I enjoy. I've got some from their Premiere series but I just glanced at their website and saw quite a few new ones I may try. Their Power Yoga video is one of my favorites, quite challenging. They are very good for learning Yoga terminolgy and excellent for learning proper breathing techniques while doing Yoga.

Kari Anderson's Angles Lines & Curves I & II are also good but they are more active, not so much for relaxing, but good for stretching, balancing and flexibility. I find those two are a great complement to my fitness regime, great for days off when I still want to do something, or for my real low energy days. Hope that's helpful!
Diana

Yoga Zone Conditioning and Stress Release is good. It's in studio and has two females doing the poses and one instructor describing the poses. It can be viewed as either calming or dull but it does the job. I find it relaxes and stretches the body and makes me sleep better. It comes in second to Bryan Kests Power Yoga series...now those I LOVE!!!

Crunch Candlelight Yoga is my favorite as well. I also like Rodney Yee Yoga for Relaxation particularly when my upper body is tight.

Great--thank you all (Jill, Kathy, Diana, Steppingfool, Irina, and Sharon) so much. I really appreciate your time.

I'll certainly check these out. I have LOTS of videos to trade, so perhaps I can strike up some deals on the ya-yas board.

If I could get a couple of new videos and those CDs Jill mentioned (for when I travel), and do them consistently, then I should be a calmer, more relaxed vet student. Last year I lost a decent amount of hair due to stress, so I'm planning ahead this time.

THanks again, you guys are very helpful.

More ideas are always welcome.

Ginger

I have an old MTV cardio workout that features Keith Byers (I think I'm spelling that right) that has a very nice, relaxing and gorgeous scenery 30 minute yoga workout at the end. If you could get your hands on it, it's probably dirt cheap and the yoga workout is excellent!

:) Stacy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.