Morningstar-New Vegan Product

saia11

Cathlete
I just wanted to let everyone know that Morningstar Farms makes a new product, "Steak Strips" that have only 140 cal. and 23 grams of all vegetable/soy protein per serving. They are 100% vegan and very tasty (although I've never had steak and my husband who used to eat meat tells me they don't actually taste like steak:D ). They are pretty delicious, almost tasting like regular Boca burgers, but less of the "smoky/grilled" flavor and more of a black pepper flavor.
YUM!
PS:They come in a bag, not a box, with about 2 1/2 servings for around $2.38 where I live. They are great in a pinch when you feel like you haven't gotten in enough protein, but want "real food."

>I just wanted to let everyone know that Morningstar Farms
>makes a new product, "Steak Strips" that have only 140 cal.
>and 23 grams of all vegetable/soy protein per serving. They
>are 100% vegan and very tasty (although I've never had steak
>and my husband who used to eat meat tells me they don't
>actually taste like steak:D ). They are pretty delicious,
>almost tasting like regular Boca burgers, but less of the
>"smoky/grilled" flavor and more of a black pepper flavor.
>YUM!
>PS:They come in a bag, not a box, with about 2 1/2 servings
>for around $2.38 where I live. They are great in a pinch when
>you feel like you haven't gotten in enough protein, but want
>"real food."

yummy. those sound delicious, i love morningstar farms :) i just got a morningstar coupon the other day too so i shall search for the faux steak at the store. thanks for the tip :)

this should be intersting to try out. i love morningstar products well over boca's. morngingstar makes this spicy black bean veggie burger OMG to die for. and the corn"dogs" are pretty good as well.

kassia

When they discover the center of the universe, a lot of people will be
disappointed to discover they are not it -- Bernard Bailey

I'm excited to try these. All of the morningstar products I have seen have eggs, so I can't eat them. Vegan finally, yeah!!! Thanks for the tip.
Heather

Wow, that's really cool! I used to eat Morningstar stuff all of the time before I became a vegan. I'm always happy and willing to support any company that puts out vegan products!!
Carolyn

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.