More PHA or metabolic or bootcamps/circuits or loops/bands/gliders or lighter weights

I put this in the Cathe Live thread, but I thought I'd put it here too. A lot of the Cathe Lives lately seem to be heavy weights (with a lot of upper body). And with the STS and the new DVDs using heavy weights, some PHA or metabolic or bootcamps/circuits or loops/bands/gliders or lighter weight work with a cardio effect (like a cardio sculpt) would be very much appreciated. Those workouts using heavy weights (and mostly upper body) all bother my shoulder arthritis. I just can't hold onto heavy weights nor a barbell so I'm just really missing options for those of us who don't want heavy weights.

I love heavy weights. It’s like eating a steak dinner. But my joints and back don’t always. I have to be careful when I start a set, not because my muscles can’t do it, but because my joints might not. Elbows, shoulders, hips, back — I have to suss them all out before I can get into a good groove. So I hear ya, for sure.

Second favorite exercise type is PHA/metabolic. So yummy. So I’d love to see more of those. I think I already own all the current ones Cathe has produced!

Just remember you never have to lift the weight Cathe does! Years ago when I started her workouts I would only lift very light even when she used heavy weights. I did progress and consider myself advanced now but still always substitute when I need to, whether it is higher or lower weights, lower or higher intensity, lower or higher impact. Remember, you can tailor the workouts to meet you where ever you are in life.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.