More challenging

Sherry, I love RWH, too! I got great results from that series. I'm doing a month of ICE right now and find the pace a bit easier, but I'm still getting a good workout; especially with the Muscle Melts! I haven't had time to add the Blizzard Blasts, but I bet that is where you can really get the tough Cathe that you crave! Honestly,I think my body needed a bit of reset and then I'll go back to the more advanced Cathe stuff. @desertambrosia was spot on when she said that "every workout doesn't need to be a puker". I think in the future I will sprinkle the ICE workouts throughout my tougher rotations so that I can get a variety of intensity in my routine. I wonder if we can expect another series like STS from Cathe?

Not to aim to win the contrarian badge around here, but I just think that elite/advanced Cathletes have such an abundance of her workouts to pick and choose from, so this ICE was called for, it's special and Cathe listened to us. :)
I would certainly welcome more intermediate/low advanced programs (particularly lifting ones) if Cathe may be so inclined. Not to say I do not enjoy (with more pauses than some I am sure), use and would also appreciate a tougher one as well. I have always dreamed of an anniversary edition/something similar of Slow & Heavy with Cathe's awesome premixes included and perhaps a couple of bonus recovery and/or glider routines added. I can dream!!

Not to aim to win the contrarian badge around here, but I just think that elite/advanced Cathletes have such an abundance of her workouts to pick and choose from, so this ICE was called for, it's special and Cathe listened to us. :)
I would certainly welcome more intermediate/low advanced programs (particularly lifting ones) if Cathe may be so inclined. Not to say I do not enjoy (with more pauses than some I am sure), use and would also appreciate a tougher one as well. I have always dreamed of an anniversary edition/something similar of Slow & Heavy with Cathe's awesome premixes included and perhaps a couple of bonus recovery and/or glider routines added. I can dream!!
Elsie, you are not a contrarian. You spoke for a number of us who waited a very long time for a Cathe intermediate series. I love ICE and am so pleased that Cathe gave many of us what we asked for!

I was initially attracted to Cathe's workouts because they were/are the gold standard in advanced workout dvd's. I appreciate that she put out an intermediate series, but I always to look forward to what advanced offerings she has in store for us. I personally like to lift what Cathe is lifting and for some reason it doesn't inspire me as much to see her lifting much lighter than what I am currently capable of. I was a firmie and definitely took it up a notch with Cathe, so that is my preference in regard to future workouts.:)

I didn't get ICE cause at this point in my fitness I find stuff like xtrain superset, orginal boot camp, circuit blast my easy days. I did xtrain superset with my dh the other night it seemed easy. I didn't even sweat. He is new to cardio and was huffing and puffing.

But I still have lots of room for improvement. I can't get trough all of x 10 without a break.;) and I love all of To the max except the first solid step those 7 min are hard but the hiit part is easy to me :confused:

I love pushing myself to a new challenge. I'm sure at some point in the future I will get ICE but for now intermediate is not my speed.

anyway cher54 I get you and when I finally nail all of X 10 77 I'll be looking for something else but honeslty if I make that level that should be enough right o_O

I know many of you are already a master of a solid x10 77 no break. (big clapping hands) Its my goal this year.

I love pushing myself to a new challenge. I'm sure at some point in the future I will get ICE but for now intermediate is not my speed.

I too love pushing myself. As much as I love ICE, I am not under the impression the majority of Cathe's customers are ready to ease of the intensity. Should they be active on this forum or not.

Cathe has always been reputable producing effective intense therefore challenging programs. I wouldn't like her any other way :);)

Oh well that's just me.

That said, Ice is just as intense as I thought it was going to be :)

Although I like Ice, I would love you to go back to your usual more advanced series. I think RWH is my favorite and would love something more a long these lines:)

Me too! I just finished two weeks of RWH (minus the low impact plyo) and wish I had another series just like it. I'd really love to see a RWH total body circuit around 60 minutes in length. Somedays I do RWH Upper Body Circuit and either Lower Body Circuit or Lift it HiiT it Legs together to get what I am looking for. Today I did ICE Metabolic Total Body, the Double It * BB #2 premix, after a rest day. I really like this workout and I'm lifting as heavy as I can for the type of exercises and reps. However, with the ICE series, I find I need to always do the longer premixes and always the BBlasts to get the same workout experience that I am used to. ICE certainly has a place in my rotations, but I don't always have 97 minutes to workout.

Me too! I just finished two weeks of RWH (minus the low impact plyo) and wish I had another series just like it. I'd really love to see a RWH total body circuit around 60 minutes in length. Somedays I do RWH Upper Body Circuit and either Lower Body Circuit or Lift it HiiT it Legs together to get what I am looking for. Today I did ICE Metabolic Total Body, the Double It * BB #2 premix, after a rest day. I really like this workout and I'm lifting as heavy as I can for the type of exercises and reps. However, with the ICE series, I find I need to always do the longer premixes and always the BBlasts to get the same workout experience that I am used to. ICE certainly has a place in my rotations, but I don't always have 97 minutes to workout.
I love the shorter intense workouts too! RWH really gives you a lot of bang for your buck, doesn't it? On the weekends and holidays I can go for longer, but time is very precious to me and I need to get as much as I can out of it!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.