more Cardio on Jan. 2010 rotation

fitat49

Cathlete
I see that Cathe mentioned we could do double cardio if we wanted to on this rotation on the cardio days. I was wondering if it's ok to do Cardio on the weight days at different time during the day would be ok to do? Thanks, Lori

I see that Cathe mentioned we could do double cardio if we wanted to on this rotation on the cardio days. I was wondering if it's ok to do Cardio on the weight days at different time during the day would be ok to do? Thanks, Lori

I was wondering this too. I have already done this, because in the STS handbook it does say that cardio on the same day is okay, so I have done this. I have also doubled up the cardio on some of the pure cardio days. That was before I realised how truly 'shocking' some of the new workouts are! I might be regretting it soon... having said that, I am LOVING this rotation :)

Good luck with your rotation :)

I have done this on the STS rotations as well, but I was just checking to be sure with the new workouts it wouldnt mess things up if I did cardio on the weight days. Good luck with your rotation as well! Lori

I think as long as you aren't pushing yourself too hard and your form doesn't suffer, you should be fine throwing in a cardio session w/ STS strength. Just remember to nix the cardio if you're feeling too tired! I was pooped after disc 21 last night and even though I really wanted to do Step Moves, I knew it would hurt me in the long run!

Yes Fitat49, you can do cardio on your weight days if you are'nt too drained. Also, if you really want to increase strength, I wouldn't recommend doing high intensity cardio daily.

Hi Again...High rep, lighter weight workouts are those that are typically recommended for "definition" without volume (of course with a clean diet too), and higher cardio is typically performed with this type of program as it doesn't allow the muscles to get any serious size. But where to draw the line is hard to define (no pun intended) for everyone. I personally just monitor myself. If I feel my arms are getting that long slender look with just mild tone (which is fine but not a look I prefer for myself), I cut back on frequent cardio and I also up my weight poundage and lower my sets/reps. Likewise, if I am seeing more volume in my muscle size than I want, I increase my cardio for a bit and go to higher rep, lighter weight workouts. When I am just where I want to be, I mix it up. Hope that helps!

Thanks Cathe, would that include definition as well? Lori

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.