Moms-to-be: Week of April 8

erinw

Cathlete
Hi all.

I am sorry I haven't kept up with our threads for all the mommies-to-be. How is everyone doing? I am getting a bit bigger and really into my maternity clothes now. I am 20 weeks now, which I can't believe. The time is flying by! My 2nd child will be here soon. :)

I have been pretty good at keeping up with my exercise routine, and try to stick to my normal 6 days per week. I've missed an occassional day here and there. I find that I am more tired and get more easily winded this pregnancy, so I suspect I will have to continue to modify my routines and maybe use just a 4" step height. I haven't been able to do very heavy weights either, but as long as I am doing the weight training, I guess it doesn't really matter.

Last week, I didn't do much Cathe. I did my new Kimberly Spreen workout- Absolute Kickboxing by CIA- twice. Love that workout! I think the only Cathe workout I did was Push Pull. I was doing some of my older CIA aerobic workouts and such. This week, I've started off good with the following:

Sunday/Easter: SJP
Today: SB

I am going on vacation for my tenth wedding anniversary on Thursday, so I am sure that I will not do much over the long weekend except take walks and do some light hiking. Before I go away, I plan to try a new pregnancy workout I bought- Preggi Bellies, and also a new Patrick Goudeau workout, Dumb Training. I will try and get in a good cardio workout, too, such as Low Max. I need it after all the candy I ate yesterday and all I am sure to eat at our wonderful bed and breakfast!

I hope everyone is doing well. Bye for now! :)

Hi,

I am 22 weeks along and now showing. I noticed this time around
I am smaller. My daughter is 15 months old. I attribute this to
lifting weights 4 days a week. I did mostly cardio and yoga
the last time. My arms and legs are still toned but have noticed
my upper thighs are getting a little padding. This time I know
it is temporary. I know the exercise and healthy eating does work
even when you are gaining weight. Erin, it's a different ball game
the second time around huh?! Already having a child and a small
one certainly is more tiring. I honestly think the second time
around is much easier but it is hard when my daughter has a rough
night or when I am so exhausted at night I can't wait to relax.
I have noticed I am becoming more emotional and at times can't
stand my poor husband!! I know this is normal too. I am trying
to relax and not worry about doing it all.
I am also really enjoying " The Perfect Pregnancy Work Out."
I purchased on advice from this forum and highly recommend
when you don't have the energy/endurance for non related
pregnancy workouts.

I hope everyone is feeling well!

Congrats, Suzanne. I am glad your pregnancy is going well so far. I do think it's entirely normal to be emotional when you're pregnant. I've noticed that I am more irritable this time around, and I seem to be more tired, even now into the second trimester. I agree that exercise and healthy eating really makes a difference. I am not entirely "good" all the time with my food choices, though. I seem to be craving popcorn and other salty foods, and my son's Easter candy basket looks pretty good to me right now. ;) I took a day off work today and had time for a 3 hour nap. That really made a difference. I feel more rested and able to handle my toddler's antics now that he is home from preschool.

Good luck to everyone, and take care!

hi, i just wanted to mention that i'm 8 wks along and i'm so tired all the time! i am never a sleepy person and all i want to do is sleep. but i make time to working out in the mornings when i have most energy. i really had to ease up on the intensity. i'm an avid runner and i've barely been able to run, i just can't believe how exhausted i feel. i did super sets this morning which felt great, but afterwards i had to sit on the couch for a bit before getting ready for work. i hope this fatigue eases up next trimester..

thanks for this thread, i love reading your posts!

edit: i have the perfect pregnany workout too, and i love it. i used it on days where i just don't feel up to doing cathe..

glad to read you're all doing well! i am insprired by you guys!

I know exactly what you're talking about. I'm 8 weeks too and exhausted and nauseated almost all of the time. It's been this way for about a month. Prior to this, I always kept up on exercise, but I'm lucky now if I can do it twice a week. Being dead tired, the only thing I want to do is lie down. I'm also suffering from pregnancy constipation so this inactivity is not helping a bit. But it's hard to exercise when your stomach is doing flips. Also, I've had a miscarriage in the past, so I do not want to overheat when I exercise. My doctor told me that in the first trimester I should go higher than 106-128 bpm. This doesn't feel like much of a workout, but at least it's movement. Still, I hope I feel more like exercising as the pregnancy moves on.
Manmohini

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.