Moms of toddlers/preschoolers - Final week of April

Shopahollic

Cathlete
Hi everyone,
Ashley and Alexis are doing well and even found them playing ring around the rosey yesterday. Weather is gray and rainy and cold here but did get in 3 walks to the park with the girls last week (1.6 miles each way). Sunday was our travel day from NY so no workout. Weight continues to go up and down 2 pounds (why do I weigh myself daily!). HOPE ALL YOU OTHER MOMS ARE DOING WELL.

will post workouts later.

Workouts:
Sun-off-traveled home from NY
Mon-hardcore extreme circuit +leg work and most of upper from bootcamp
Tues-MIC+lotte burke-ab blast from hip hugger abs
Wed-Barry's bootcamp-legs/glutes-cardio +weigt work from cardio from 4DS kickbox
Thurs-4DS all upper +cardio from HIS.
Fri-adv. step 2 + bag sect. from kickbox extreme
Sat-cardio from all cardio step(gay g.) +step from bodymax 1 and upper and abs from power hour.

Jennsmom-how are the girls, hopefully an injury free work?
Mel-any luck with the house?
Morris-how are you feeling?

Hi there! It's amazing that you gain weight at all, Elyse, with your intense workouts. You either eat like a pig or have a slow metabolism. LOL :D No news on house yet. We're considering stripping down all the appliances and lowering price $15K. If it doesn't sell by mid-end summer, we'll seriously consider foreclosing. :(

I have a slew of new workouts!!!! BOSU (and 3 bosu DVDs) then Tracey's that I pre-ordered,...circuit something. I overslept yesterday and wasn't able to workout before work. Oh well. We're traveling to old house this weekend to turn water on and rake,...blah blah blah. It's so hard to keep up to houses 5 hours apart. Anyone want to buy it?!?!??!

Jennifer, did you have an injury-free week? Your little girl healing up?

Morris, how's your energy level?

I actually thought I might have been pg, lots of breast tenderness & fatique,...then my "friend" came with fury. Hemorrhagic-like bleeding this month. I'm not ready to be pg right now, so it's okay,...I just don't like the heavy bleeding & body aches.

Have a great week, thanks for starting us off. :)

~Melanie~

Jadon born 11/23/05
Justin born 1/17/04
Jory born 4/9/94

Mel- sorry to hear of your monthly friend, despite bad timing, I know you want #4. Why do you think the house isn't selling? the weight I gain is water weight because the days I go to the bathroom alot, my weight is lower. I was striving to be 97 pounds which I am finding is unrealistic . My weight seems to stay between 99.5-101.5 which is probably right for my petite build. (For those of you thinking this weight is really low, I am under 5 feet.)

i find it so hard to know what a realistic weight goal is sometimes. good for you for figuring out 97 is unreasonable! very impressive workouts this week as usual, elyse!

melanie, i am sorry about the house and all the stress that must create. how frustrating. do you like your realestate agent? have you thought of listing it on e bay? i saw some interview about people doing that more and more and that working. just a thought. i do not miss my monthly friend. hopefully you are feeling a bit better now. any improvemnet to the weather there? i bet you cannot wait to get out and run with the boys.

hi suzanne - how is your household?

i have ahd some really good days this week - energetic, not too weepy, doing well! today of course, all that is off. i woke early and did a lot of kickboxing hoping it would give me energy for work. not so quite yet!! otherwise, baby seems great, though. i had an us on tueday b/c i am measuring a bit small (as i did with ds) but things looked great. that is a relief. i continue to workout daily. i ran 32 miles last week, did some step, kb, and hi lo. also did pyramids and muscle endurance. i just ordered muscle max and hsc - guess i just felt the need to buy something}(

Our realtor is okay, I don't care for her personally (personality clash), but she's agressive. The house market just sucks right now. Our house is being sold as a "vacation" or "cabin" homel,...so it's especially not a good market for secondary homes.

Well, I best go get packing for our trip. I have one of the worst headaches of my life right now & my thighs hurt too, I'm sure from my super heavy period flow. I'll try not to be a downer for my family,...praying that they get along well in the car & don't scream much!

~Melanie~

Jadon born 11/23/05
Justin born 1/17/04
Jory born 4/9/94

melanie, hope the trip goes well and you keep your sanity. could i pick your brain about calcium supplemetns? i could e mail you if that is okay? thanks!

I survived the trip! Ha Ha. My headache actually was gone by the time we got in the car, my period lifted up this AM, so I"m good for the next 26 days. ;)

We dropped our house 15K, and hope that it moves soon. :) We can't do much more.

We found lots of good deals. Goodwill, Savers, Sams & Walmart. Lots and lots of shopping (and lots of $).

Chat soon.

~Melanie~

Jadon born 11/23/05
Justin born 1/17/04
Jory born 4/9/94

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.