Moms 2 Be Checkin 12-11-05

jogger7474

Cathlete
Hi everyone!

Sorry, no half marathons this week. ;-) The baby has moved into a position where a pelvic nerve in my right groin area is being pressed upon. This has made walking quite difficult at best. It started last Tuesday, went away for a few days, and then returned this afternoon. Hopefully the baby will decide to move again by tomorrow morning, so I will be able to walk the half mile from the train station to my office.

My workouts for this past week were:

Sun: Low Max 4-7 premix
Mon: 1 mile walk
Tue: Muscle Endurance Upper Body premix - no abs
Wed: Crunch Yoga Mama
Thu: 50 minutes stationary bike
Fri: KPC/LG premix #17: Punch/Kick combos, leg work with ankle weights
Sat: Felt a little sick, so I decided not to push it and just rested.

I wish everyone a happy, productive, pain-free week! I look forward to reading your posts.

Hi Adrienne--I hope the pelvic nerve issue is better. That sounds uncomfortable.

I am 36 weeks today and am starting that uncomfortable last 4 weeks stage. Sitting through any event is very difficult. I am very restless. Also, all of my supposedly "full panel" maternity pants are hitting me smack in the middle of my enormous belly and thus will not stay up, because they keep slipping down. If there is a next time, I will look for "full Panel" pants that completely cover my belly. Oh that would be so much more comfortable.

My workouts for the week:
Mon: PUB chest, shoulders and triceps only+35 min stationary bike
Tues: IMAX 2, substituting squats, lunges, etc for the intensity blasts
Wed: PUB back and biceps, only+25 min stationary bike
Thurs: rest
Fri:MM upper body+30 min bike
Sat:LIS/TBC leg/cardio premix
Sun: rest

My MIL (bless her) rustled up a "new" VCR to replace our broken one, so I hope to return to the PS series next week. PUB is just too fast paced for my back right now. PS is juuussst right.

take care, everyone--hope to hear from more of you this week.

Maggie:)
36 weeks down, 4 to go

Adrienne, its amazing you got those workouts in being uncomfortable.
Maggie, glad you have a temp. vcr. You too are close. I am trying under the belly pants this time around as I hated the panels first time around.

I am 1 day short of 16 weeks and look pregnant! I am now wearing my old navy maternity pants and should own stock in old navy. we shop there so much(wonder why I call myself shopaholic?), that Alexis sees the old navy emblem and says old navy. I am actually feeling well except for peeing every 5 minutes and feeling fat. My boobs have already gone from an a to a c and I've gained about 10 pounds. Now to remember my workouts:

Sun-10-10-10 cardio(big bladder mistake), stopped every 3 minutes. Added step and intervals cardio no intervals due to my stopping during 10-10-10. Gyn style-tri/chest
Mon-gay gasper-step-n-strike+gym style-biceps,shoulders, back
Tues-gay gasper-cardio crazy cardio+gym style legs
Wed-stepjam+ quickfix-cardio kicks-janis. s-abs-a great standing routine
Thurs-sepmax
Fri-stepheat +quickfix abs(same as wed)
Sat-firm-vol. 2

Hey ladies!! What is Gay Gasper?
Underbelly jeans are the best! I wore them the whole time in my last pregnancy, they don't have to be maternity either, so you don't have to spend so much on them. Just get a bigger size. I'm 9 weeks and already see a pooch!!! What the.........!
Your post cracked me up.
I give up on abs during pregnancy. Do you find it worth it?

Have a great day!:)

Curly, didn't see your real nane. Gay gasper is the name of an instructor. Check out vf for reviews of her videos. Cia 2 jammin workouts has step-n-strike which has pregnancy modifications. I really love my under the belly pants, I hated the panels first time around. Is this your first? At 9 weeks, even with my first people saw a belly. With my 2nd people noticed a belly at 6 weeks. I did abs modified through my whole first pregnancy. I feel it paid off, once I lost the preggo weight, my tummy looks like I never had a kid and I had an easy delivery.

Not that anyone asked me, but I did not like full panel bellies. Even now (no longer pg) I am only comfortable with clothes that go below belly button. I'm seriously considering getting rid of all my other pants that go over bellly b/c they're not comfortable anymore. I also already told myself that if I ever get pg again I will splurge and buy trendier & more comfortable clothes!!!

Gotta go, I'm glad everyone's doing well. Maggie, you are getting sooooooooo close! yahoo! I'm so excited for you.

**Melanie**
Jadon born 11/23/05
Justin born 1/17/04
Jory born 4/9/94

" Take care of your body like it will last a lifetime. Take care of your soul like it will last for eternity"

hey everyone

my 2 cents is definately below the waist pants. anything else is just uncomfortable. at 12 weeks, i really just feel fat, not so pregnant. and my pooch is really just a roll of fat. add to that the fat on my legs, and it is just....fat. but the baby wiill make itself known soon i hope. my friend is 20 weeks and has the cutest rounded belly. any of the rest of you gain weight elsewhere this early on?

i am definately less nauseous now, but the fatigue thing is still quite profound. i swear, i could sleep for a week. my workouts are really slowing (my running i should say)

sun - run 6 miles
mon - run 3 miles, step only low max, strength 20 minutes
tues - run 7 miles
weds - elliptical 60 minutes, muscle endurance
thurs - run 7 mil, strength 25 min
fri - run 7 mil
sat - muscle condition class at gym, snow shoe 30 min, 30 min elliptical.

i am trying to listen to my body but must say generally i have just felt sort of blue. i guess there are days like that though, and i just think of my litttle baby growing and growing. what a blessing.

Morris, your workouts are still impressive. Be aware that in the next few weeks your body may stop being able to run. I found weeks 10-20 the worst of pregnancy. You don't really look pregnant yet , just fat. At 16 weeks I have a small preggo belly which shows. I make sure to tell everyone that I am pregnant, not just fat! Everyone puts on weight differently. I must admit that I too am getting blue with my preggo body but I do love my new old navy maternity clothes. Melanie, next time around(and I bet there will be), old navy maternity are the trendiest for the price.

I'm just afraid that under the belly pants would not stay up. I guess I would have to try them. And then my belly is sooo big, that most of the tops don't go down far enough to cover the whole thing. I wish I could take pics. I have definitely gained weight everywhere, but mostly my belly which is huge and right out front. I am short waisted and do not carry side to side. From the front I don't look that huge, but from the side (profile) I look enormous. I do not have a cute maternity model belly:).

I just want a full panel at this point that comes over the top of my belly instead of hitting me right in the middle and popping down, making me constantly have to pull up my pants. Very akward.

Maggie:p :p :p

Maggie, whatever works for you . You are in that final stretch. Remember you lost the last preggo weight plus the weight from previous pregnancy.

For whatever reason, maternity pants and I don't go well together. I am carrying similar to Maggie. (Must be the close due dates. ;-) )
Over-the-belly pants feel uncomfortable, and under-the-belly pants tend to fall down on me. I'm no skinny Minnie, so I can't explain why that happens. Since I happen to work in a business-casual environment where I don't have to work face-to-face with clients, I've been able to get away with my husband's XXL sweaters paired with Champion's double-dry low-rise pants:
http://www.championcatalog.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce/ProductDisplay?prnbr=CH3096&cgnbr=1011000000

Speaking of work, today was my last day of work before starting my maternity leave. Words cannot express how relieved I feel to be free of work responsibilities for the time being. I am fully aware that I am temporarily leaving one full time job only to start another one that is 24/7 instead of 45+ hours per week, but at least I will be dealing with just one demanding client instead of several. :)

Shopaholic--I know that unless I get that dreaded post partum thyroid condition, I'll lose the weight. I've done it 4 of the 5 last times. My 20 year highschool reunion is this summer though, so I feel a bit more pressure to get it off faster than I am accustomed.

Adrienne--enjoy your time off before the baby comes. I took 5 weeks maternity leave before the birth of our first child and it was soooo luxurious. The only time of my adult life where I had virtually no responsibility--no work, no school, no kids. I read lots of books and watched lots of movies at home and the house was super, duper clean (not normal for me:p). (not that I don't enjoy being home with the kids, I do, but it is a lot of constant responsibility and the house is rarely clean for long)

Maggie:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.