Mommas to Be-Week of Nov. 15th Check-In

jaypea

Cathlete
Hi Ladies,
I hope you are all doing well! Today was my first OB appt and ultrasound. Everything is good-I am at 8 weeks/6 days. The due date I was given is June 22 (two days after my birthday and 1 day before our anniversary)! I haven't been able to workout as much as I'd like due to a migraine plus milder headaches last week and lots and lots of nausea. I am feeling a little better this week, though. I did Zumba once last week and the kettlebell workout twice. I plan to do some cardio tonight. How is everyone else (and their little bundles) doing?
-Jen

Yea Jen,
I am so happy your baby is doing great : ) It is so wonderful to hear the heartbeat!!

I am feeling good, just tired. The baby is moving around a lot and I can see and feel him when he gives me a good kick : ) Too cute.
Only issue is the breasts. On Friday I have a mammogram, ultrasound and another small biopsy, this time on the left. Hopefully, in the next weeks I will have some sort of information. Likely venous stasis/lymphedema, very less likely inflammatory breast cancer. The doc's just want to be cautious and completely rule the IBC out. I am more nervous about the mammogram b/c of the radiation. I know they will shield my abdomen, but still, worry @ my boy!

How's everyone else doing??
Mel

28 weeks tomorrow w/ #4

Hi, I haven't posted in a while. I've been so sick and/or tired that I haven't been able to workout at all. I finally got off the Zofran about 2 weeks ago, but have been nauseated most days and even threw up last Monday. :( I've been thinking about working out because I'm getting serious leg cramps at night. I miss my "Cathe arms" and the energy I had. I tend to gain a lot with my pregnancies (63-73 pounds, and I'm 5'8"). But after looking at Cathe's latest workouts and reading some posts on here, I really want to go try to work out as my back (which was so bad a month ago, I could barely walk) and ligament pain have been OK the past few weeks, I think I'm going to give it a try. I love Cathe's cardio and wts. But I don't think I could do both in one shot. But I feel more motivated today, with my 3 boys occupied at the moment, I think I'm going to try a premix of some workout I have of Cathe's. Does anyone still do step while pregnant? I enjoy that the most. But I'm afraid I might fall! :)

Thanks for the motivation, just reading here helps.
Allison
mom of 3 boys 4-9, edd 2/14/11

Mel, How did your appt. go on Friday? Hopefully, everything went well! Congrats on having a boy...they are so much fun (naughty, but fun).

Allison, Nice to hear from you! So, you have 3 boys? I may be just like you in a few months. I have two boys now, but not sure what we are having. I'm not sure if we are going to find out this time. Oh, you reminded my of the awful round ligament pain I used to get. That stinks! I want to get Cathe's new workouts too!

I tried MMA Fusion the other night...big mistake!!! I did not think many of those moves were safe (like the roll back/get up quickly), so I didn't do them. Needless to say, I didn't get a good workout in. I've popped in the Babybells workouts 3 times last week. It's only about 35 minutes or so, and I can just listen to my ipod since it's an easy workout to remember. It is a good workout, though! I have done step while pregnant, but I kept the step lower and adapted.

I am actually off to the gym to do some cardio and weights while my kids sleep (hubby is staying here).

Talk to you all soon!
-Jen

only got thru warm up

Jen- I only got thru Body Max 2 the warm up and then went straight to the cool down. I was happy to do it. But today I've been feeling so sick, I've been lying on the sofa all morning or heading to the bathroom thinking I might throw up. But not yet, it only makes me feel better for about 30 min and then I feel nauseated again. :( And I'm left with a sore throat.

Hopefully tomorrow I can try another light workout.
Allison
mom of 3 boys, edd 2/14/11

Allison,
I'm with you on the nausea thing...I wish I could throw-up too:confused:. It's just this gross, unsettled feeling. Good luck with the workout tomorrow!
-Jen

20 weeks with a little baby girl!

Hearing the heart beat is my favorite part of every appointment :)

Hey all, I haven't been checking in nearly as often as in times past but am going to make a better effort.

I'm in my 20th week now (with my first) and found out last week that we are having a girl! I've been feeling much more myself since about 3 - 4 weeks ago. At first, the nausea dropped off and left me *very* tired. After that, I started seeing more energy. Though I have weird moments when I get winded from silly things (ie walking up stairs with laundry), for the most part, I feel like me!

I'm wondering what everyone else is up to for workouts? I get 5 workouts in, but the workouts are different than in the past. My cardio is either walking (and I try to do 2 - 4 miles a day before it "counts" as a workout) and my weights are Cathe workouts (with some modifications and lately, some lighter weights). Some days I can push and others I can't. I let my body be the judge, though it is sometimes discouraging.

Back to work! Hope you all have a great day :)

Allison -- Hello and so sorry about the nausea! That has to be so tough! I hope you get some relief soon. Were your other pregnancies similar w/nausea?

Jen -- The appts went well, not inflammatory beast cancer. I get the skin biopsy results tomorrow, hopefully! Treating me as bilateral breast lymphedema right now, related to pg, see if goes away after pregnancy over.

HI Timber -- and congrats to you! Yea for the girl!

I do still step, but I am only using the platform. I am worried of falling and I seem to have the endurance just using the platform, otherwise I tire quickly. Workouts are sporadic, but try to get in 3-4 per week, depending on my schedule!

Melanie

another workout in!

I just finished doing BodyMax 2 warm up, most of the upper body and cool down about 40 min or so. My arms are a little shaky now, I know I'll feel it tomorrow! Hopefully tomorrow won't be full of nausea like yesterday.

Melanie- Yes, all my pregnancies are full of nausea. #1- sick all 9 months, but #2 and #3 got a lot better after 20 weeks. None was I offered Zofran, which I am doing my best not to go back on as it had very undesirable side effects!

I hope to get in another 2 workouts this week!

Allison
homeschool mom of 3 rowdy boys, edd 2.14.11

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.