Mobility Workouts!!

Sdstindt

I just did Cathe's Perfect HIIT Low Impact and then followed with the Mobility Basics. I am in love with Mobility workouts!! My joints and muscles felt so relaxed and it was exactly what I needed. I sit at my desk all day (or drive) for my work and have a horrible time with tight hips, neck, and some knee pain. What suggestions do you all have for other Mobility workouts? I am going to add these into my workout schedule and I am worried about getting bored with having just one. I have searched online and the results keep showing flexibility workouts...those aren't the same, are they?

There are similarities between flexibility & mobility workouts, but the mobility workouts focus on increasing full range of motion through the joint, not just stretching the muscles and tendons like in traditional stretching. I've always seemed to have less flexibility than others going all the way back to childhood. But by using Cathe's extended stretches & stretching DVDs, along with Jessica Smith's mobility DVDs, my flexibility has improved. I also notice that my body feels better after a workout session if I include a mobility session. Jessica sells downloads on her website & the DVDs on Amazon. I hope Cathe continues with producing mobility DVDs and includes the bonus extended stretches in future ventures. Even though the movements may be similar, having different music, backgrounds, cast members, etc helps to keep things interesting.

I just wanted to add that when mobility focuses on correcting imbalances, then you will see different kinds of exercises. That's when mobility ventures into strengthening areas that get neglected. So you will see some strengthening exercises that you won't see in most stretching/flexibility.

It's sexy to work the glutes, but rarely do people say, "Oh my gosh, I wanna work my ankles today!"

Having a workout that does those types of exercises is helpful to make sure I don't ignore them.

Definitely room for both kinds of workouts in my workout library. :cool:

I love this workout so much. I was afraid I would burn myself out on it....so I searched youtube and found.....Cdornerfitness….type in 30minute mobility workout.....and she has some pretty good step workouts too.

Yes! That's what I am worried about! I just searched cdornerfitness and found the mobility workouts! Thank you, Repo!

Here's another set of YouTube videos...(they aren't as fun as Cathe :) )..but you will learn plenty and he has tons of short joint specific videos for some added variety for you.

He demonstrates but explains in voiceover.

Dr. Ben kim mobility videos
you can see all the areas he covers in his videos organized by playlist. Some are as short as 5 minutes.

Here are a couple of ideas for you: look into Ellen Barrett Fusion Flow and Peace Love Cardio dvds. Also Petra Kolber has one called Liquid Grooves. I don't think they are specifically called mobility workouts but in my eyes they qualify. I'm usually strictly a Cathe girl but I do these dvds on occasion for the quality of movement.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.