MIS vs. PS series -- need advice

mcash

I have been doing the MIS tape for a little over three months now. I run through lower body on Tuesday, upper body on Wednesday, and then the whole tape on Friday. My question is this: Is it better to stick to this routine, getting each body part twice a week, or order the PS series, which will mean getting each body part only once a week? Or maybe a rotation of these two? I have a five year old and a 10 month old so my time is limited. I would really appreciate any advice anyone can give me.

Thanks in advance.

You really need another weight workout to rotate MIS with so that you can shake up your routine and keep your body guessing. I think it would be a good idea to get either the PS series or even the new Slow and Heavy series. Yes, a rotation of MIS and whatever else you choose would be a good idea.

It is not a rule that you can only do the PS tapes once a week. If you want you can do each workout 2x's per week just make sure you don't do the same body part on consecutive days. Depending on the results you want 1 time each week for each body part is fine.

Anyway, I would definately get some different weight tapes to rotate MIS with.

Good Luck

I agree, I think you need some variety in your workouts. The PS series is a good one, and I'm sure Cathe's new weight workouts will be awesome as well. I did a CTX rotation a few months back working each body part twice a week and saw great results. People have said you still get a great workout doing each body part only once a week, I think for me it was just something mental, I "needed" to do each part twice a week. If you have the CTX series and would like a copy of the routine I used let me know.

:) Stacy

Hi Stacy - I would like to see the routine you used with CTX. I am interested in buying the series but have not because it looks like you only work each part once a week and I also prefer to do each one twice a week. Thanks so much.

Lisa

Hi. The rotation I used consisted of working out 3 days in a row, taking a day off, working out 3 days in a row, etc. This worked out better with my schedule. My rotation includes alot of abs, but I like abs so of course you dont have to do the ab sections as frequently. I dont have the DVD's so I'm not sure if there would be an easier way to rotate these in terms of vcr fastforwarding, but I just fastforward my vhs tapes to the desired sections before I workout which for this rotation means ff'g one tape to the very end of the cardio section. Hope that's not too confusing. In the parentheses are the sections of each tape to do on each day.....

Day 1: CTX All Step (Cardio, Shoulders, Abs)
CTX Step&Intervals (Chest section only)

Day 2: CTX Power Circuit (Cardio, Back, Abs)

Day 3: CTX Kickbox (Cardio, Biceps, Abs)
CTX 10-10-10 (Tricep section only)

Day 4: REST

Day 5: CTX Step&Intervals (Cardio, Chest)
CTX All Step (Shoulders, Abs)

Day 6: CTX Leaner Legs (Legs and Abs)

Day 7: CTX 10-10-10 (Cardio, Triceps)
CTX Kickbox (Biceps, Abs)

Day 8: REST

Then start the sequence all over again. I did this rotation for about 6 weeks and saw great results. At first I didnt like the ff'g, but doing it in advance made it no big deal at all, and the results were definitely worth it! The only part not worked twice a week is back. Happy working out!!

Stacy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.