ming chew book "permanent pain cure"

workingToBeFit

Cathlete
Hi all, I was wondering if anyone else has tried the Ming Method to help shoulder pain or any other kind of muscle or joint pain, anywhere in the body. This book was recommended in Oxygen magazine a while back. I have tried some of the techniques, with some good results. I admit I have not used the "whole program" but have been doing bits and pieces. I think what he says writes in this book makes a lot of sense.

Ann, how exciting that you have seen results! How long have you had pain? I posted awhile back about pain and I got some great responses. I haven't been consistent with any technique. How much time do you have to dedicate to Ming's program and how long before you saw results?

Bam

Hi Bam and thanks for writing! I have had pain in my right arm (started with elbow, now is in shoulder too) since Oct 08. Also have had trouble with plantar fascitis for years. I got the Ming Chew book because Oxygen recommended it, and found that the foot stretches helped my foot pain within a few days! That was fantastic. As long as I keep up with the foot stretches, which only take a few minutes, my feet feel good nearly all the time. Re the arm, that's a much harder problem. It is complicated because I always work with computers - and have - all day long for all of the past 30 years - and the various therapists I have seen say this is keeping the problem going. That said, the Ming Method program basically takes 15 minutes a day of stretching and active release techniques - you pick the techniques related to your specific problem. I am finding my pain is definitely reduced, my range of motion is better, and my flexibilty has improved. But, I am still having some trouble with the right arm/shoulder area so it isn't totally gone yet. I have to admit I have not done the program 100% the way he says to do it - but I plan to. His stretches are complex and not easy to learn or to do - but for Cathe fans that should not be too daunting. I am trying to learn one stretch every few days and practice it before moving on to learn another one. I have this feeling if I could quit my job and stop sitting at the computer all day, I'd be a lot better off physically, BUT - can't do that !!! :)

Ann, I really think it's fantastic that you are finding something that IS improving your pain and range of motion. The fact that you are incorporating new stretches every few days is a great thing. It sounds like you are on your way to achieving long lasting results. Just think of how you'll feel as you're able to devote even more time. I've had chronic pain for about 12 years and it's been getting worse but I'm always trying to find solutions. I'd be thrilled to find something that I can say is actually making significant difference like you have found. Keep it up. You're taking charge of the pain and not letting control you! Please let me know how you continue to improve. I looked up the book at my local libraries and couldn't find it. I will go to the bookstore next. Thanks so much for posting about this!!!!

Bam

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.