Meso 2 Week 4 chest

ddj

Cathlete
I just did the Chest, Shoulders and Triceps workout for Meso 2 Week 4 and was very frustrated. My 1RM suggestions have been all over the place as far as accuracy for me. Sometimes I fail early, sometimes I can go heavier, sometimes they're right on. But I've always been able to increase my weight if a weight worked for me previously.

But today I dropped my weight for chest presses because I failed one rep early during week three, and it was still too heavy! I had to drop further and barely made it through with that weight.

Does anyone know why I would have to go backward with my weight selections? I wondered if it had anything to do with the push ups that were done first. The other workouts in this mesocycle didn't have push ups.

I don't know what to do about Meso 3, now.

I just finished Meso2 Week 3 yesterday. So, I haven't done the CST of week 4 yet. I did look ahead and saw all the push ups that we didn't have in the other three weeks of this Meso Cycle. It kind of surprised me.

It seems to me that you had to drop your weights because of the push ups. We haven't done push ups since Meso 1. I think the push ups fatigued the chest muscles.

I am not looking forward to that disc on Monday, that is for sure!

I would think that you would just move on to Meso 3.

Cheryl

brainstorming

I just did that same workout today and found my 1RM to be spot-on. But in previous workouts from this mesocycle, I had similar issues. I found it to be more related to sleep, what I had been eating, and my general energy levels. So you might think about whether you were just not having a strong day today.

Some other possibilities: are the 1RM numbers off for certain body parts more than others? Or certain positions (ball vs chair vs bench)? Or could it have something to do with when you calculated your IRM tests, in relation to when in the workout you do the exercise? I know my 1RM tests were more accurate for the tests I did earlier in a session, but then that's only true of those exercises come early in the STS workout. So for today, by the time I got to the tricep kickbacks, my triceps were screaming, because of everything I had done before.

I don't know if any of this is true for you, but I hope it's helpful. Good luck!

I just finished Meso2 Week 3 yesterday. So, I haven't done the CST of week 4 yet. I did look ahead and saw all the push ups that we didn't have in the other three weeks of this Meso Cycle. It kind of surprised me.

It seems to me that you had to drop your weights because of the push ups. We haven't done push ups since Meso 1. I think the push ups fatigued the chest muscles.

I am not looking forward to that disc on Monday, that is for sure!

I would think that you would just move on to Meso 3.

Cheryl

Oh, I was planning to move on to Meso 3. I just don't know what to do about my weight selections.

I did wonder about the push ups causing fatigue. When I do Gymstyles as is I have to use lighter weight for the chest presses than when I do the premix where the presses come before push ups. But I was hoping that the one minute rest between push ups and presses would help.

I just did that same workout today and found my 1RM to be spot-on. But in previous workouts from this mesocycle, I had similar issues. I found it to be more related to sleep, what I had been eating, and my general energy levels. So you might think about whether you were just not having a strong day today.

Some other possibilities: are the 1RM numbers off for certain body parts more than others? Or certain positions (ball vs chair vs bench)? Or could it have something to do with when you calculated your IRM tests, in relation to when in the workout you do the exercise? I know my 1RM tests were more accurate for the tests I did earlier in a session, but then that's only true of those exercises come early in the STS workout. So for today, by the time I got to the tricep kickbacks, my triceps were screaming, because of everything I had done before.

I don't know if any of this is true for you, but I hope it's helpful. Good luck!

The ones that have been spot on have varied, and I have found that surprising. But it has been more the chest and back ones that have been off, and they were the body parts I did first when I was fresher. I was afraid the smaller muscles would be the ones that were off but they have been more accurate.

It's weird to reach failure early and not be able to complete all the reps. That's not something I'm at all used to. But I have taken it in stride so I guess that's good. :p

I know one thing; I really wish that power tower was ready because I'm having a heck of a time getting that bb into position and it's about as bad trying to get out of position!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.