Menopause

What helped me is drinking catnip tea 1.5 to 2 hours before bedtime and Sleepytime Extra tea 30 minutes before bedtime. Sometimes I have to take half of a 25 mg meclizine (travel sickness) pill along with the two teas. I have also noticed that if I don't drink alcohol and/or eat something sweet, I can get a decent night's sleep without getting up too many times to pee.

Most definitely, thanks for the article!!! Vertigo....the Bain of my existence. Had my first bout when my third baby was about a month old. Spinning room, like nothing I had ever experienced. Every once in awhile, it rears it's ugly head. Good information in the article! Thanks again, Clare!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh absolutely! I was told in July I'm in full menopause. I laughed because I've been having symptoms for a while. I'm 52. Workouts are and always have been my respite, stress reducer, happy time...whatever you want to call it. I can't control menopause but I CAN keep working out. I'm taking Natures Bounty Complete menopause complex. It has markedly reduced hot flashes and night sweats as well as better sleep (a little). One pill in morning and one at night. I cry a lot. Out of nowhere. And a bit moody. Yup! Good times right?!

Peg:

I sent you a pm a couple of days ago!

Clare

For the past 9 month I've been having hot flashes,on the scale of 1-10 I would say about maybe a 6-7ish. I sleep with our AC on and a little fan hitting me all night. I'm on supplements I refused to get on synthetic hormones. I have just discovered a bowl of miso soup ( soy bean based) soup has helped tons. Today I'm starting to have 2 bowls a day. I do see a significant difference I'm not as hot or sweaty. This morning I totally enjoyed my cup of coffee with out a hot flash =) I hope this helps

I went through menopause early (43!). At 47, I'm still having some night sweats, but they are much less frequent and my hot flashes during the day are gone. So far, I've been lucky in that I never had any mood swings, brain fog, or weight gain, but I do feel tired during the day. I think that is from the low-quality sleep from all of the waking up throughout the night. I still aim for 7 hours, but I'm probably closer to 6 total.

One thing to consider is caffeine. I drink decaf green or white tea, but that doesn't mean caffeine-free and I am also a slow metabolizer of caffeine. For the past few days, I've stopped my tea consumption by 2 pm each day and I am noticing improved sleep. Just something else to consider with sleep issues. I know that some people have to stop coffee consumption by noon or their sleep that night is ruined.

Last edited:
I am officially 3 years into menopause - and still take a product from Vitacost called phytoestrogen ultra. I was extremely lucky that I had 0 night sweats, but as many of you have experienced, I don't sleep well at all. Meditation and yoga help a lot, but I need to be consistent. Hard to do when you're working 12 hours a day :(

Just a word of caution here to be careful with the supplements. I was diagnosed with breast cancer early this year and just finished my last chemo round 3 weeks ago with 5 weeks of radiation coming up starting in October. I was taking Menopause Support to help with sleep issues. I can't blame the cancer on the supplement, I was taking it intermittently at about 1/3 the recommended dose, but unknown to me my body was making plenty of estrogen on its own & my tumors were fueled by estrogen. Nonetheless, knowing what I know now, I never would have taken that supplement.

The chemo put me into menopause & I am now experiencing frequent night sweats and hot flashes. It's a love/hate relationship for me. The flashes are uncomfortable, but I'm glad to know that it means that my estrogen production is reduced.

Just a word of caution here to be careful with the supplements. I was diagnosed with breast cancer early this year and just finished my last chemo round 3 weeks ago with 5 weeks of radiation coming up starting in October. I was taking Menopause Support to help with sleep issues. I can't blame the cancer on the supplement, I was taking it intermittently at about 1/3 the recommended dose, but unknown to me my body was making plenty of estrogen on its own & my tumors were fueled by estrogen. Nonetheless, knowing what I know now, I never would have taken that supplement.

The chemo put me into menopause & I am now experiencing frequent night sweats and hot flashes. It's a love/hate relationship for me. The flashes are uncomfortable, but I'm glad to know that it means that my estrogen production is reduced.

Try drinking miso soup (Japanese soybeans) my hot flashes have become warm flashes and now maybe once a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lily- Positive affirmations coming your way- YOU GOT THIS !!! What a warrior you are. I am a radiation therapist (34yrs) and have seen many people in your situation. Treatment is hard- but you will get through this and be a living testimonial for others in the future!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.