Men in new workouts??

susanw

Would anyone else like to see men in the new STS workouts? I was doing an older workout (circuit max) the other day, and realized how much I love watching the men workout. I know she has 2 more workouts with men - boot camp and a kickboxing one. It just made me wonder if she had men in the new workouts maybe my husband would than show an interest in trying them out. I've been a Cathe fan for years now, although I never post, I'm just a lurker, so I hope nobody takes exception to this question. The new workouts sound exciting and totally different than anything she has ever done and adding some buff men in there would be an added bonus.

Heck ya! *stomps foot and whistles*:p

Seriously, men motivate me more-or at least watching them workout with me does, then a woman for some reason.Maybe its all that testosterone they bring?:7 I would personally like it!

I don't know. I kind of like it to have only women. Not sure why, but it feels more ... not sure how to express.

I like all women.

I second the all women team. I don't know why, maybe it gives me a goal. I like the fact that these women have worked on so many videos together, too.

A vote for MEN! Ooooh, and put them closer to the front please...I don't want to have to squint to see them waaaaaaay in the back, like in Boot Camp. I love the current quartet of background exercisers very much, but a little variety in the blend is always nice. JMO.

Jonahnah
Chocolate IS the answer, regardless of the question.

I'm not crazy about men in my workouts. Its not a huge issue either way for me, however.

Maggie:)

For some reason, the men have bad form doing the cardio stuff (and sometimes the lifting stuff). I find them distracting and usually not very good. JMO.

Carolyn

Ha ha, maybe they could just be eye candy, part of the set design while we still work out w/ our regulars. Oh, or they could hand the ladies dumbells and dab sweat w/ fresh towels! }(

>Ha ha, maybe they could just be eye candy, part of the set
>design while we still work out w/ our regulars. Oh, or they
>could hand the ladies dumbells and dab sweat w/ fresh towels!
>}(

Now THAT'S what I'm talkin' about!!!

I don't really care one way or another. Men or no men, I just want the regular ladies to be in the workouts. I feel like they're "old friends" by now!!!

Allison

I have mixed feelings.

For me, the men in CK and BC neither add to nor detract from the workout (though one backgrounder in BC is actually a distraction, at least on previewing, because he 'fidgets' during planks).

On the plus side, male backgrounders would add to the visual variety of the workouts (I sometimes get bored with the same background exercisers in every workout).

On the minus side: some men are a bit clumsy looking when doing some cardio, like they really don't feel comfortable with it, and I find it distracting.

If a man is in a Cathe workout, I want it to be someone who adds to the mix, like a kickboxing blackbelt in a KB workout, or a personal trainer or PT in a weight workout. Having the boxing coach that Cathe's been working with in the boxing series, for example, would be great!

I do enjoy other workouts with men in, but usually, they are workouts will male instructors as well.

>Ha ha, maybe they could just be eye candy, part of the set
>design while we still work out w/ our regulars. Oh, or they
>could hand the ladies dumbells and dab sweat w/ fresh towels!
>}(

If they bring back the 'Greek statues' set, the men could be painted in white and be living statues. Or on the set from the last series, they could stand around and fan the women with large palm fronds.

>If a man is in a Cathe workout, I want it to be someone who
>adds to the mix, like a kickboxing blackbelt in a KB workout,
>or a personal trainer or PT in a weight workout. Having the
>boxing coach that Cathe's been working with in the boxing
>series, for example, would be great!
>

Kathryn: Do you mean a 'physical therapist' in the weight workout? A few years ago I discovered that the abbreviation 'PT' was only meant for physical therapists. Personal trainers must use the abbreviation 'CPT' (or certified personal trainer - that is, IF they're certified :)) I've even heard of a few cases where trainers have been in a LOT of trouble using the 'PT' abbreviation. Of course you may already know this so I apologize in advance if that's the case.

Carolyn

It doesn't matter to me because once I learn the workout, I rarely watch the TV. I'll glance up occasionally but I really just put all my focus on what I'm doing.

That said, I have enjoyed seeing men in workouts like P90X and I know DH & DS prefer working out with guys or a mix of guys/gals rather than all women.

JJ

*still stomping foot and whistling* Bring on the boys!:p I loved the ones in "Cardio Kicks", remember when she brought them up to the front?

Yeah, I am boy crazy sometimes-my DH is the most handsome man in the world, but a girl can still look right?:9 Plus they bring an energy to the workouts that women cannot, I like the mix of both!

I'd like to see some guys in Cathe's workouts. Not just for the eye candy part (although that's most definitely a factor ;-) ), but also just to see if they could actually hang tough w/her. }(

I think having men in the workouts is a good idea. It helps argue the concept that DVD/video workouts are "girly". My only problem that in the past, they've been added to the background crew and the set is too crowded. I'd hate to see any of my favorite workout partners go, but sometimes, change is good!

Diane

>Kathryn: Do you mean a 'physical therapist' in the weight
>workout? A few years ago I discovered that the abbreviation
>'PT' was only meant for physical therapists. Personal trainers
>must use the abbreviation 'CPT' (or certified personal trainer
>- that is, IF they're certified :)) I've even heard of a few
>cases where trainers have been in a LOT of trouble using the
>'PT' abbreviation. Of course you may already know this so I
>apologize in advance if that's the case.
>

I was thinking physical therapist (good form!), but I didn't know about CPT vs. PT (thanks for the head's up!)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.