memory foam mattress toppers

tygra

Cathlete
Hi All,

My Dad has one and swears by it. Any other opinions? Has it helped anyone with lower back pain?

My Nanna has one... she says it helps her with her back pain... but I know that my Mum hated hers because it made her sooo hot.

I read somewhere that some companies give a 30 day trial period? but I may have dreamt that.....

I bought a 3" Sensus topper from overstock over a year ago. I like it but it seems to be breaking down and not as firm as it used to be. You can tell a difference if you lay in the middle of the bed compared to where our bodies normally lie. It's very heavy so it's hard to turn it without ripping it.

It helps my hip pain. I'm curious how much better an actual tempurpedic mattress would be.

I have one and love it. It's really thick though, more like 5 or 6" thick. I was worried it would break down over time, but it really hasn't so far and we've had it about 2 years. It is extremely heavy though! Ours is a king size and flipping it would be an undertaking. We actually ended up cutting it in half because for a while there DH swore he hated it. He ended up putting his half back eventually though.

Our pillow top on our mattress is made of memory foam, and it's helped immensely with back issues. I love it!

I've never had the topper by itself, but my FIL has, and he also said that it was extremely hot to sleep on.

We have a 3" one and like it alot. The only thing I don't like is that it shifts a little and starts to hang off one side of the bed. So once in awhile we have to pull it back over. It even shifts with a mattress cover over the top of it. We still like it. It's cheaper then buying a new mattress. We've had ours for at least 5 years. May be time for another. I would like to hear how people like having a real temp. mattress.

Just as note, we put a mattress pad on top of the memory foam topper (our bed is REALLY high now) so we haven't had any problems with it being hot. I think if we just put our sheet on over top of it, it would be very uncomfortable and hot. It's fine under a regular mattress pad/cover though.

I have a 3" topper and find it cool not hot.

I just got it about a month ago and love it. It feels like heaven.:rolleyes: I can live in this bed.

Janie

We have a 3" topper we bought at Target. We put the normal fitted mattress pad over it to help keep it in place.

It definitely makes bed feel a little warmer, but that's OK for now - we save a little $$ on heating.

At first, it felt like I was sinking into a giant hole every night, but after about a week, I started to REALLY love it. We've got flannel sheets on the bed right now and we call the bed the "Flannel Smooshy." SOOOOOO comfy. Very supportive. A good way of renewing our aging mattress without having to replace the whole shebang.

We bought a Tempurpedic about two years ago and it has been absolute Heaven! Much better sleep, a lot less tossing and turning, it's eased up back and body pain for the most part. Having said that, I'll still have some muscle soreness after really tough workouts.

It was expensive but in my mind, it has bee worth it. I know there are some knock-off brands. We bought one for our son - a twin and it seems to be pretty comfortable.

Have fun mattress shopping!

Pam

We got ours from Costco and love it! We live in the hot, hot desert and wouldn't keep anything that made life any warmer!:p
Our bed is a king and the price was about $160. It fits perfectly and doesn't move. Just like Liann said, flipping it would be an undertaking.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.