Meal Recommendations?

jewels918

Cathlete
I'm soooo bored with my food! I'm doing Weight Watchers and so far I've lost about 24 lbs., but I eat just about the same thing everyday. Every morning, I eat 2 hard boiled egg whites and 1 whole egg, banana, and coffee...B-O-R-I-N-G! I'd like to start eating oatmeal, but I don't know of any healthy, tasty ways to make it :confused: .. any suggestions?

Lunch is usually a ham sandwhich with a greek yogurt and diet soda or a salad with greek yogurt and diet soda... oooooh so creative!

Dinner is the toughest! Let me just mention that I'm a horrible cook also!

I'm open to any suggestions! Thanks!

I have a hard time coming up with new ideas too. I usually buy the organic quick cook oatmeal; I know steel cut is probably better but I don't have time in the morning to make it! For bfast I usually eat the oatmeal with 3 egg whites, or 1 egg and 2 whites with some Ezekiel bread and cranberry apple butter and some fruit. I also like Fage yogurt with grapes and sprinkle 1/4 cup of Kashi Go Lean cereal on top for crunch (sometimes I eat this for lunch too).

For lunch, I have this salad that I love: romaine lettuce, black beans, a little shredded cheese, and some fresh salsa. The salsa takes the place of dressing. I also love whole wheat wraps with turkey and hummus and veggies, and sandwich thins with Dr. Praeger's veggie burgers.

Dinner is a little harder, usually some kind of grilled or broiled protein and veggies and a 1/2 sweet potato.

What I eat during the day also depends on the carb/protein ratio..

I found an oatmeal recipe on the Dr Oz sitie for oatmeal and have been using that: I soak 1/2 c oats w/ a 1/2 c of almond milk overnight, I add in cinnamon, vanilla extract, flaxseed, and 1/2 tbsp of agave or honey along with raisins or craisins and it tastes pretty good. You could tweek it to whatever you like. His site has some pretty good recipes

You both have given great ideas! Thanks! I'm going to print out your replies and take them food shopping with me..lol

I eat a lot of oatmeal (I'm scottish so grew up eating it every morning with salt and a drop of milk) but since I am soooooooo hungry in the morning and simple oatmeal doesn't fill me, this is what I do:

I make large flake oats (or soak irish oats overnight in water I've boiled and don't reheat the oats the next day - just eat as it) then add a small scoop of vanilla protein powder and a drop of almond milk (and maybe a dash of vanilla extract) and voila - instant rice pudding - at least that is what it tastes like to me. It's best cooled. I love rice pudding and can't have regular milk or cream so this is a great substitute for me. I make a large batch of oatmeal at the start of the week and keep it in tupperware in the fridge for the day ahead.

Salmon on a piece of toast was a staple of mine for breakfast for the longest time 'cos i am starving all morning if I don't have a lot of protein. I think it's cos I eat dinner early and don't eat again 'til morning - after I've had a big workout. I'm guessing.

Good luck and congrats on your success.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.