Meal Plan with Ripped with HIIT

kalee

Has anyone changed up their nutrition plan with Ripped with Hiit? I start on Monday and would love any advice, guidelines or tips you have for me. I'm doing the 2 month rotation, and my goal is to lose 10 pounds and gain lean muscle. I am 5'3" 125lbs and have been working out for years off and on.

Also - anyone else starting Monday 8/10?

Hello Kalee, sorry I did not see this thread until today. I hope you have been having success with RWH and your changes to your eating habits. Please let us know how it is going!

I am 5'2'' and over the past 8 months have lost 10 lbs (weighed 113 just BEFORE the holidays! Not sure about that weight now :oops:) and, more importantly, have decreased my percentage body fat. Like you, my goal is to increase lean muscle mass. I didn't do the RWH rotation but I did the 90 day X-train rotation along with other Cathe DVDs on the other months (e.g. currently starting Meso 2 of STS and combining that with ICE videos for fun). What I found worked for me is:
*increasing my water intake (3 liters/day on days I work out, 2 liters on recovery days)
*cutting down on bread and pasta (greek yogert with fruit and some granola for example instead of a sandwich, apple with peanut butter instead of crackers and peanut butter for a snack)
*cutting back on sugar and alcohol (not easy! but I find it wrecked havoc with my sleep so I was motivated)
*sleep at least 7 hours per night (this is now easier since I have retired!)
*working out 5-6 days/week consistently with intense cardio and heavy weights (but you are already doing that!)
I didn't follow a specific diet but just tried to gradually incorporate healthier choices into my day (fish or chicken and veggies for most dinners - to my surprise, even learned to love oatmeal, asparagus & brussel sprouts and how to make a variety of awesome salads).

Cathe has posted some good articles on her blog on nutrition which you may find of help. Good luck! I never thought I could change my body composition but at 56 I finally did! It can be done!

Hi again, Kalee,

You may be interested in what Cathe wrote on a thread, "Body Building Rotation".
http://cathe.com/forum/threads/rotation-for-body-building.287493/#post-2125691
She commented on what she eats when working on building lean muscle mass:

"All the while eat a super clean diet. I tweak the Paleo diet to suit my needs. But basically eat very lean lean, natural, non processed foods, lots of dark green veggies, brown rice, sweet potatoes, quinoa, healthy fruits in small portions, fish, poultry, etc. Water, green tea are my main source of liquids. I throw in some organic 100% pure tart cherry juice for my joints and a great source of antioxidants too."

It is a few years old but still seems like good advice.

Has anyone changed up their nutrition plan with Ripped with Hiit? I start on Monday and would love any advice, guidelines or tips you have for me. I'm doing the 2 month rotation, and my goal is to lose 10 pounds and gain lean muscle. I am 5'3" 125lbs and have been working out for years off and on.

Also - anyone else starting Monday 8/10?
Hi, how you doing with your goals, I want to lose 10lbs too, and I doing now Ripped with Hiit, first month now one more to go, try to eat clean, but nathing until now:mad:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.