meal ideas

saralh

Cathlete
Hey guys! I'm so sick of eating the same old stuff that I wanted to get some meal ideas from the Cathe crowd. Breakfast is usually eggbeaters on toast with a grapefruit and soy milk. But this morning I had a whole wheat english muffin with almond butter and apricot all fruit spread, and some blueberries and soy milk. Yum! Any meal ideas are appreciated! Thanks!
Healthy Regards,
sara

Toast with peanut butter, honey and a layer of cool whip. NUMM.
Eggo waffles with syrup and cool whip free.
Two eggs scrambled or egg beaters wraped in tortilla shell with some low fat cheese smothered in salsa.
oatmeal with a banana cooked in it.

Sara - I had my mushroom burger with basil leaves and a slice of low fat cheese yesterday. It was delicious - thanks for the tip. Have you tried the buckwheat pancake mix available at whole foods? You need to add egg beaters and water to it. I normally have two pancakes (they are fluffy but have lots of fiber) topped with cottage cheese and all fruit spread or fresh fruit. My favourite breakfast on weekends.

Are you only looking for breakfast ideas or anything?

For Breakfast, how about . . .

1.) Oatmeal with flaxseed, pine nuts and honey. Choice of fruit and skim milk.

2.) Flaxseed muffins with choice of fruit and water.

3.) Banana flax pancakes topped with sliced fresh fruit and low fat whipping cream.

4.) Yogurt with granola as a parfait with choice of favorite fruit with water to drink.

Just a few thoughts.

Keta. :D

[link:home.attbi.com/~marwrihu/wsb/html/view.cgi-home.html-.html|Home Page]

[link:mykbtfit.net/|KBT Forum]

Hey! I am open to any meal and snack ideas you might have. The breakfast suggestions sound FAB! Thanks so much!

Hey! I am open to any meal and snack ideas you might have. The breakfast suggestions sound FAB! Thanks so much!

My favorite breakfast is 1/3 cup cooked oatmeal, toss in a few frozen blueberries, then in a separate bowl mix 1/2 cup cottage cheese plus 1/4 cup nonfat plain yogurt and put that over the oatmeal.

Or cut up one apple and microwave until soft. Mix in 3/4 cup cottage cheese and 1/2 cup nonfat plain yogurt. Top with cinnamon. You can also add a few raisins before cooking the apple.

For dinners: I love my George Foreman grill. I usually marinate chicken breast and toss it on the grill the next day.

Colleen

I make protein pancakes for breakfast.

Ingredients:

1/2 scoop chocolate protein powder
1/4 cup oatmeal or AllBran Cereal
1 packet of splenda
2 to 3 egg whites
1/2 mashed banana or 2 tbs yogurt
1 tsp chocolate chips
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp sliced almonds

Directions:

Mix all together; makes about 5 to 6 pancakes. I add strawberries and sugar-free syrup to the top. A hearty breakfast and I must add delicious.

You can also make chocolate or vanilla crepes with protein powder (whey or soy). Add fruit filling or low fat ice-cream inside for wonderful dessert!

Colleen:

Your two breakfast recipes sound great. Thank you for sharing them.

I don't wanna nit pick here (but I will because I need clarification) but did you mean 1/3 cup cooked oatmeal, or did you mean measure out 1/3 cup uncooked oatmeal? A third cup cooked oatmeal sounds sorta skimpy.

I am going to try both of your ideas this weekend because your ingredients are the kinds of things I have in the pantry and/or refrigerator most of the time.

Again, thank you for two great ideas.

Marlene

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.